Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Here comes the sun....

The three young foals were born  in June and July so I think they have been quite grateful for their  horse blankets overnight lately ...... You have ventured  further than I have  lately ...unless   in the car with heated seats ! Brrrr🥶

Thanks Fogey… it was lovely atmospheric light for about ten minutes that morning  with mostly silhouetted horses so I was whistling to them trying to get them to move so I could see their separate forms and not a horse with 6 or 8 legs … … didn’t work I’m afraid 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

I was starting to wonder if you were ok.    With COVID so prevalent in the form of the Omicron variant one worries about any prolonged absences of our regular members  … hope all is well with you …

Thank you for the sentiment, Polly.  I'm as well as can be expected physically - like every winter I'm hibernating the cold months away, planning what I'll be doing in the summer.  To date I have booked a session to photograph harvest mice, (Christmas present from my sister), then I will be off to Wales to photograph Puffins and seabirds.  

I have to fit in a trip to Oxford for some street photography, then a visit to Westonbirt arboretum together with a visit to Slimbridge sometime in the spring.  I'm doing this as the anniversary of my wife's death is approaching and I want to be busy when that occurs.

Then I'd like to shoot the great apes in Monkey World, then it's back to Wales to try and shoot some wild water canoeing/rafting; then we'll see what I fancy doing after that.

• Like 1

Thanks Matt... It's been so dull and miserable the past few weeks that when I saw the chance that the sun might  burn off the fog early one morning last week  I  trundled along to the fence next to the paddock adjacent to the  house ... I had intended to take a picture of the pond  but the horses were all gathered around some fresh hay and I  could only  see their silhouettes  as the sun behind them started  to get through ... you'll know that  sometimes these moments are so fleeting  and  within ten minutes  the mist  had evaporated and that light had changed  ....So..I was  just in the right place at the right time ..for a change 😉

11 hours ago, Clicker said:

Good to see you on here again Fogey …. And planning ahead with such a positive and determined agenda…that’s made me feel we can all learn a lesson from that … thanks 🙏 

On 26/01/2022 at 07:15, Fogey said:

Fogey?  Fogey? Not guilty M'Lud.  🤣

On 24/01/2022 at 19:43, Fogey said:

Thank you for the sentiment, Polly.  I'm as well as can be expected physically - like every winter I'm hibernating the cold months away, planning what I'll be doing in the summer.  To date I have booked a session to photograph harvest mice, (Christmas present from my sister), then I will be off to Wales to photograph Puffins and seabirds.  

I have to fit in a trip to Oxford for some street photography, then a visit to Westonbirt arboretum together with a visit to Slimbridge sometime in the spring.  I'm doing this as the anniversary of my wife's death is approaching and I want to be busy when that occurs.

Then I'd like to shoot the great apes in Monkey World, then it's back to Wales to try and shoot some wild water canoeing/rafting; then we'll see what I fancy doing after that.

These sound like wonderful plans, Fogey. People are travelling around the UK freely now? I’m referring to Covid 19.

The reason I ask is because we had a trip planned and paid for to Scotland and England in 2020 which was, of course, cancelled due to travel restrictions. It was cancelled again in 2021. I had hoped to go in July this year but don’t know if it would a good experience with restrictions and wondered whether to wait until 2023. 

I appreciate your perspective on this. 

36 minutes ago, CMunzel said:

These sound like wonderful plans, Fogey. People are travelling around the UK freely now? I’m referring to Covid 19.

The reason I ask is because we had a trip planned and paid for to Scotland and England in 2020 which was, of course, cancelled due to travel restrictions. It was cancelled again in 2021. I had hoped to go in July this year but don’t know if it would a good experience with restrictions and wondered whether to wait until 2023. 

I appreciate your perspective on this. 

People are travelling around England quite freely, with no restrictions.  However Scotland is a different story.  The First Minister, an ardent fan of independence, is still insisting on people wearing face masks, which is being strictly enforced.  No mask, no entry.

As foreign holidays, (for Britons), are severely restricted, Scotland as a holiday destination is much sought after and I don't see that changing in the near future;  I don't think it would make much difference to you which year you decide to come, it will be busy.

If you are going to visit the Upper Highlands, be aware the population is very anti Britain, so speak with an Australian twang.  They are also very religious, so be careful of blaspheming.  

If you are going just for the scenery, then the Isle of Skye is about the best you will get.  Stirling and Edinburgh Castles are well worth a visit.  If it's wildlife you're after, then the Cairngorms and Trossachs National Parks are the places to go.  Plan your visit carefully as there is so much history and sights to see, you could spend six months there and still not see it all.

There are many places where you can stand and there will be a breathtaking panorama to be had on all points of the compass, so take a wide angle lens.  For the wildlife I used my 600mm lens.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Fogey