Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

East Riddlesden Hall

1 minute ago, Paul said:

I assume no entry inside the building?

Actually you can access the building, I just happened to come on a day when the hall and gardens were closed. The River Aire runs behind the hall, but I've no idea how big the estate is.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JamesT said:

Is the wing in the first and last images ruined or a folly extension?

Thanks James, apparently the ruined section was part of the original medieval hall (called the Starkie Wing) and apart from the facade was demolished in 1905.

52 minutes ago, Denis said:

A great set Geoff. It is a strange design, but oddly pleasing, I wonder why this was demolished?

Thanks Denis. From what I've read the whole building was due to be demolished until it was donated to the National Trust in 1934. According to the fact sheet the Starkie Wing fell into direpair between the 1800's and 1900's.

Like many old building each new owner puts their own stamp on the building, they're modified and expanded upon.

3 minutes ago, johntwo said:

Nice record Rye.  Is it worth a day out?(we're beginning to get out and about). Presumably there is a resident ghost or two?

Thanks John. If the house is open it's worth a couple of hours to look around, plus Cliffe Castle Museum in Keighley is close by, as is the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway and then Skipton is just 8 miles away, so easily doable on a full day out.  It's £5 for none National Trust members - if you're a member it's free. Seems the house is only open Sat-Wed and you don't need to pre book.