Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Male and Female GreenFinches

Rogerw

Thank goodness I have a nice Front Garden hide, been very lucky to have many Greenfinch and Chaffinch in the Garden along with many other Birds ,so at least I can keep my hand in whilst lockdown remains.

har_filtered.jpg

cloudy1_filtered.jpg

cloudy2_filtered.jpg

haircut_filtered.jpg

Were you in your hide Roger?  .. Ooops ...just read the accompanying text ...yes you were ... Some fine detail  as usual ... the background appears a very uniform colour though ....is that a result of your processing ?  I think my favourite may be the last one  in this set ... Hope you are keeping well in these  testing times ... You can start a library of garden bird portraits   and maybe give some of us a few pointers  to improve our bird photography ....well me at least  <sodemoji.1f609></sodemoji.1f609>

Nice series Roger but the last two are the standouts.  I haven't seen a Greenfinch in years.  They used to visit but seem to have moved on.  Saw the first Thrush for some years though today.  We used to have quite a few.  One in particular used to mimic one of the old trim phones.  A bit disturbing around dawn when you're half asleep.

We have greenfinchs regularly too John... They re quite bossy too and chase  the goldfinches off the feeders if they're all occupied..I know Roger has a super hide in his garden ... not something I ever even  thought about till he posted a picture of it ... It all seems so obvious though doesn't it?  

11 hours ago, Clicker said:

Were you in your hide Roger?  .. Ooops ...just read the accompanying text ...yes you were ... Some fine detail  as usual ... the background appears a very uniform colour though ....is that a result of your processing ?  I think my favourite may be the last one  in this set ... Hope you are keeping well in these  testing times ... You can start a library of garden bird portraits   and maybe give some of us a few pointers  to improve our bird photography ....well me at least  

Hi Polly  well can't help the back ground without faking it , as that's my Garage door lol, I can alter the colour as I have done, so unless I plant a tree in front of the garage it can't be helped heheeheheh.

That explains it Roger ... I thought  you must have set up a perch as I just never get a twigless background or even foreground  for my shots ... I need a hide like yours methinks ... and some lessons !!!   Fabulous as usual ... Do you miss your Astral photography work ...which was also brilliant by the way ...

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

That explains it Roger ... I thought  you must have set up a perch as I just never get a twigless background or even foreground  for my shots ... I need a hide like yours methinks ... and some lessons !!!   Fabulous as usual ... Do you miss your Astral photography work ...which was also brilliant by the way ...

Hi Polly, yes I have spent a lot of time and money on getting the right setup , it would be nice to have a nice hedge as a background but its not possible for me , as my hide is in the Hedge lol, it would be to much in the open the other way around and to many ppl would see it . best time for me is Morning and just after lunch  that's if the sun is out . as for Astro . yes I do miss it , but weather was the main reason for shutting it down exposures take 4/5 hours and rely on ultra clear skies and that was getting worse year on, But I just love Nature ,just wish I had done it at a early age. now this Virus has put a stop to valuable time in my old age lol. may it soon die off , pesky thing.

4 hours ago, Denis said:

Fantastic images of which I am very enviable :)

Always a delight to see  any  of your photographs Roger .

Thanks Denis , hope we can meet up one day over at Parndon . the feeders are down now at the view point back up in November, so wont be there now till winter , how time fly's by .

Lovely clear images, Roger. We don’t have finches like these in Australia. What a great idea to build a hide in your garden. If you could be bothered to repost that photo of it that Polly referred to, I’d like to see it. 

On 03/04/2020 at 22:57, CMunzel said:

Lovely clear images, Roger. We don’t have finches like these in Australia. What a great idea to build a hide in your garden. If you could be bothered to repost that photo of it that Polly referred to, I’d like to see it. 

Hi I have modified it a bit now so will get some images done for you .

You did post a pic of it once but I have hunted high and low for it and been unable to trace it Roger ... it was some time between about May  2016 and July 2017 ..  I looked for it in your past images but just could not find it ... so sorry Cheryl ... Hopefully as Roger says , he may get another pic  to show you ...   

Archived