Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Eskdale Mill in Boot

johntwo

Bit of an essay.  Quite interesting to visit.  Small and very much in a delapidated state but much as it would have been when it was in use. Boot is right at the end of the Eskdale narrow guauge  railway.

1.  The Mill pool

Mill.jpg.00d09e46d6e7139812e0720620ea5908.jpg

2.  The sluice

779847659_Mill2.thumb.jpg.839fc378e6dfb56a9cbb557256c40146.jpg

3.  The Mill Wheels

2044374468_Mill3.jpg.7989f0bea4ac3241c0da30313fce1ee4.jpg

1782687598_Mill4.jpg.c7f31a64df4cdaef5049f295c4f4d6c6.jpg

4.  The Mill Stone

1332154820_Mill5.thumb.jpg.d2b64a109ec9af7df8b0cbbc1a9f27ff.jpg

5.  Some left over footware from people who have so to speak, long since popped their clogs. <sodemoji.1f627></sodemoji.1f627>

870111804_Mill6.jpg.c676bac04dd99209f33aa3d339984caf.jpg

6.  The jolly Miller

2057786212_Miller7.thumb.jpg.94883f079d4ab2befa5e18a22f7860f9.jpg

This is a really great set of images John. It looks a great place to visit as well. Your first image  of the set is terrific, the sunlight on the foilage and the stones and leaves is perfect.

Was it a flour mill, if so does it still produce in small quantities ?

Thanks Denis, thanks Gareth.   There was evidence of some paper bags around Denis and the millstone was working on something but no flour on offer.  In truth, the possibility of there being some locally ground flour for sale is why I was keen to explore the place.  One of my (strange) passions is bread making and I like to try out different flours.

Nothing strange in breadmaking  John !

You should see some of my arcane interests.....pirate radio ships, metal detecting, aviation archeology, abandoned airfields........photography! :)

What a fabulous and interesting set of images John... I particularly like the portrait of the Miller ...what a great face and the whole set feels like a real step back in time ...   A really nice sense of movement in the Millpond  waterfall and the mill wheels ... I imagine the mill wheel pics might  be a suitable candidate for a vintage sepia  processing  too ... 

Thanks Geoff.  If you are going to Muncaster, go on a flying day.  They have a great collection of Owls and Rapters and they fly them on the West Lawn.

Thanks Polly.  The Miller was only too willing to pose.  Nice chap.  Never thought of Sepia.  I will try it and Post the result if it looks the part.

Very interesting set John, and the sort of place I would enjoy visiting.

Love the colour and the light in the first one, the mill wheels are fascinating, the shoes look very interesting and what a nice smile you got from the Miller.

Archived