Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Big Day Out 2017

Phil

Well, I shall be there, my little cat Cali is off to the cat hotel tommorrow and I'm driving down early Fri morning... My paln is to set off by 4am, but I'm notoriously bad for getting up early. I never have been an early bird, except when it comes to staying away from home...

Sorry to hear Phil can't make it at the last minute or BP.

I did think of the Butterfly Farm if it was totally peeing down.....

Looking foward to meeting you all again or for the first time...

I did ask JHFoto , Denis, if he could come but he had a prior motor sport gig he was booked  for  and i  tried to get Colin and Kev but  both of them are working on Saturday too so  if there is anyone else who can make it  please pm me so I can add you to the  booking for coffee and lunch

Sorry Fooj but if I cart all my gear around with me ... I'll need a Sherpa .The tripod / monopod and some lenses will have to stay at home. I  dont know if anyone uses Skype ....as Dee was hoping to get in touch while we  were in Stratford? ?

I shall be there about 09.15am Denis .. normal traffic permitting... Rye are you travelling down Friday  like Korky ?

Just running the day through my old head here, because If you are determined to bring your northern weather down to Sunny Warwickshire wevmusnt get down hearted, could I suggest that each of us prepare for the kind of day WE would like, so that none of us feel that we have to clag together as a damp, dismal group.

Obviously we will have enjoyed the introductory natter over coffee and buns, and then again during the lunch time get together.....I suggest a group....break up for the in between period.....to follow, your interests in pairs, threes or individuals, so we are not an obvious group.

Street and Portraits? ....ample opportunity whatever the weather, including the market, Henley Street and the River side.....Henley Street is the magnet fir all the foreign coach tours so ideal for Street and Portrature....look for the guides with bright umbrella's Spot the fashions, especially the Japanese....get chatting to some of them....great fun.

The buskers and usual Street entertainers like to intereact with photographers too....I just hope we get sunny periods between any showers.

Insects/Nature?.....Butterfly Farm, all indoors...here there is one amazing live collection of butterflies and other insects from around the world, in a heated warm atmosphere......Bancroft Gardens, fountains, Water fowl and the river Avon.

Architecture/?......A whole variety from Mecieval, Tudor, to the just re-designed Shakespeare Theatre, Fountains, the Canal and its locks....a towpath walk might interest you.

Not sure? ....... Life is all around you......The ..MAD Museum is a haven of silly, funny, technical, cartoony metal, scratch-built marvels that will make you wonder and smile.....The ...Shakespeare Experience, is a continuous costumed Shakespeare/ Town History.....The Birthplace, and all things Shakespeare, fascinating for those who haven't been before.....these all have entrance fees......The Parish Church by the river, where Shakespeare is buried.....again, absolutely fascinating if that is your bag, 

Jump on a river, trip, or even hire a small motor boat, canoe, or row boat ....... all cost but, again, great if it is new to you.

The Saturday Market will be in full swing, a typical market, with villagers from outside doing their weekly shop, plus all the usual Antiques and clothes, Geof, the photographer, manager, should be in hand to welcome you, he is very Welsh ......lots of photographic opportunity.

Antiques?.....There are two excellent antique emporiums.....always filled with old goodies, and fascinating customers and staff....like wise the Antiquarian Bookshop.

Me? ........I never make plans or organize my time, I just let life happen.....I will be only too happy to demonstrate my ....Street portrait approach to complete strangers....how to get really close without being noticed, and how to get the best from a vintage film lens ......and Street aphotography in general.

Hope this helps/

HEY!.....if very, very, wet Lord and Lady Corkington are sure to invite us round to the home of their aristocratic hosts.....for Tea cucumber sandwiches, and delicate pastries, served by the staff..

FUJI

Have your 

Edited by FUJI
1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Just running the day through my old head here, because If you are determined to bring your northern weather down to Sunny Warwickshire wevmusnt get down hearted, could I suggest that each of us prepare for the kind of day WE would like, so that none of us feel that we have to clag together as a damp, dismal group.

Obviously we will have enjoyed the introductory natter over coffee and buns, and then again during the lunch time get together.....I suggest a group....break up for the in between period.....to follow, your interests in pairs, threes or individuals, so we are not an obvious group.

Street and Portraits? ....ample opportunity whatever the weather, including the market, Henley Street and the River side.....Henley Street is the magnet fir all the foreign coach tours so ideal for Street and Portrature....look for the guides with bright umbrella's Spot the fashions, especially the Japanese....get chatting to some of them....great fun.

The buskers and usual Street entertainers like to intereact with photographers too....I just hope we get sunny periods between any showers.

Insects/Nature?.....Butterfly Farm, all indoors...here there is one amazing live collection of butterflies and other insects from around the world, in a heated warm atmosphere......Bancroft Gardens, fountains, Water fowl and the river Avon.

Architecture/?......A whole variety from Mecieval, Tudor, to the just re-designed Shakespeare Theatre, Fountains, the Canal and its locks....a towpath walk might interest you.

Not sure? ....... Life is all around you......The ..MAD Museum is a haven of silly, funny, technical, cartoony metal, scratch-built marvels that will make you wonder and smile.....The ...Shakespeare Experience, is a continuous costumed Shakespeare/ Town History.....The Birthplace, and all things Shakespeare, fascinating for those who haven't been before.....these all have entrance fees......The Parish Church by the river, where Shakespeare is buried.....again, absolutely fascinating if that is your bag, 

Jump on a river, trip, or even hire a small motor boat, canoe, or row boat ....... all cost but, again, great if it is new to you.

The Saturday Market will be in full swing, a typical market, with villagers from outside doing their weekly shop, plus all the usual Antiques and clothes, Geof, the photographer, manager, should be in hand to welcome you, he is very Welsh ......lots of photographic opportunity.

Antiques?.....There are two excellent antique emporiums.....always filled with old goodies, and fascinating customers and staff....like wise the Antiquarian Bookshop.

Me? ........I never make plans or organize my time, I just let life happen.....I will be only too happy to demonstrate my ....Street portrait approach to complete strangers....how to get really close without being noticed, and how to get the best from a vintage film lens ......and Street aphotography in general.

Hope this helps/

HEY!.....if very, very, wet Lord and Lady Corkington are sure to invite us round to the home of their aristocratic hosts.....for Ted, cucumber sandwiches, and delicate pastries, served by the staff..

FUJI

Have your 

Well I for one would be fascinated to see your street portrait technique. Haven't quite got the round objects to shove a lens in the face of a complete stranger so any tips would be very welcome.

TYPICAL Sod's Law....

Cool and wet is forecast for Saturday....such a bloomin' shame, so we all must adjust, wear the right clothing and protect our gear.

Tip! My ex-pro wedding photographer protects his precious Leica from the wet by giving it ( NOT THE LENS) a rub with Pledge silicon/wax spray furniture polish......just spray on to a lint-free cloth then shine your camera body with it....but only just enough to make it repel water, and easier to dry afterwards.

Pity my waterproof GX8 isn't on the cards yet.

I have mentioned it before.....The Shakseare Theatre Foyer is huge, warm, dry, with a shop, a cafe and the best free loos in town......don't be fooled by the ones on the main drag opposite, you get charged 20 p per pee.

unless a miracle happens we will miss all the summer outfits, the picnics and entertainments on the grass....

Are we downhearted? .....NO!

All together now......

"If your happy and you know it....clap your hands ........etc

FUJI

59 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Are we downhearted? .....NO!

I am. I am stuck in front of a monitor on Saturday morning whilst you guys are having fun!  :1_grinning:  I have to work evey 5th Saturday morning. Thats the way it goes.  

I have just checked the BBC Weather app for our area for Saturday.....hope it is accurate.....rain until 11 am ....then overcast....so it might not be as bad as we thought...

Finger's crossed!

FUJI

Hope you all have a great day. Won't be able to see you all this time, but I can phone connect with somebody when you are at the morning meet up, if that's ok. Look forward to seeing the results from the day, and hope you have heaps of fun and great opportunities. :thumbup:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, FUJI said:

I have just checked the BBC Weather app for our area for Saturday.....hope it is accurate.....rain until 11 am ....then overcast....so it might not be as bad as we thought...

Finger's crossed!

FUJI

This is this morning's forecast - guess we can live with this.

Weather.thumb.JPG.91c709a775062d635e84fbd79cb5c6de.JPG

• Like 1

All sorted for the morning, car washed and valeted, fueled up, satnav programmed for car parks and Cyrils house....and the new 18-140 lens arrived today...just in the nick of time.

109 miles, 2 hours driving, and Guns and Roses on the CD player, what could be better :thumbsup:

I won't mind....Guns and Roses......as long as he plays .......Silver Machine.......and my......Max Bygraves album.

Im just taking two lines.....my LUMIX 20-1.7 AF ...for my Steeet studies.....and...A beautiful little vintage....Jupiter 8 fully manual lens.......It will be set to hyperfocal distance so will become a ...point and shoot......unless I decide to focus creatively.

I was going to wear my new ...Fly Fishing/Photography jacket in case of rain.....but if it's going to be humid....it will be a light sports jacket with finger's crossed....there are plenty of charity shops in the town where emergency rain gear should be found.

Thinks?      Do I wear a vest?

FUJI

• 3 weeks later...