Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Big Day Out 2017

Phil

The details have been finalised, this year's meet-up will be in Stratford on June 10th.

We'd love to see as many attend as possible, whether you're a new member or old, it matters not a jot. I'll admit right now that I was more than just a little nervous on the lead up to the meet last year, but I needn't have been, it was a very relaxed affair and thoroughly enjoyed by those who turned up.
Just a coffee, lunch, chit-chat, and a wander with the camera of course.

So there you have it, check your diaries and put a tick on the 10th June, look forward to seeing you there! :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I've added the event to the calendar and can viewed HERE, use the RSVP to keep us up to speed with attendees.

I assume that you mean Stratford-Upon-Avon and not Stratford London  Phil ? ?

I should be able to make it, if all goes well.

Parking.......there is an excellent Park & Ride car-park with a regular bus service into the town Centre......June is a busy month, so I advise that, unless you really want to fight for a place in town.....a little Googling should help you.

What is really maddening, is only last year the once an hour bus service from Kenilworth was replaced by two irregular ones that meander through villages and trading estates, so can take over two hours. I will catch the earliest possible, to ensure I am there to greet all joining in.

If fine, I suggest meeting up in Henley Street, a wide traffic-free area.....if wet, a good alternative would be the Shakespeare Theatre foyer and Shop, it is huge and has the best (free) loos in town.

There is a good chippy close by the theatre if that is the kind of lunch you want.....or.....The Dirty Duck Pub, used by many Shakespearian the actors over the years.but this can get very busy and is small....plus lots of others...... if very fine, a river-side picnic might be a better idea, we just cross the Avon to dead opposite the Theatre.

As long as I am fit I will definitely join you.......look forward to it.

FUJI

Addendum...

Photo Opportunities..

Henley Street is very close to the international coach park, so a coachload of camera-carrying visitors are led in by umbrella carrying guides on a regular basis....street portraits and people watching ...... At least four buskers, plus costumed street performer.......Stratford residents, especially the pupils from the famous Grammar School, who crowd the streets at lunch time........Saturday is Market Day right in the Centre of town.........A waterbird wildlife island......a butterfly farm, lots of exotic butterflies escape on to local shrubbery.......river trips and small boat hire .....a busy canal locks in town and by the theatre......a possible glance of a famous face........eccentrics........lots of interesting buildings.....lovely public gardens, fountains and wonderful statues  traditional and modern......canal boats.....antique Centre's.....a very attractive bridge.....a chain ferry....

Carrying a camera and snapping away in Stratford is the norm, so you won't stand out, unless you are carrying a tripod, a huge bag of gear, and all your long lenses and use your flash.

Cafes, pubs, restaurants and other eateries get very busy, so unless picnicking a very early lunch is advised.....the chippy has seating inside and out....but if hot outside  is right in the sun with little shade....... ice creams and other street food galore.

The Theatre Foyer/Shop is large, open to the public, has the best free loos in town, usually has a theatre costume or other exhibition on, plus a seating area.

Stratford is tiny compared to York, but everything is within easy walking distance......all roads lead to the river.....unless you go out the other way.

You should all return home tired but happy with memory cards bursting.

FUJI

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

Super job Phil ... I can do a reckie and find somewhere to meet   check out parking    etc   unless you have already decided .....Should be a good day ... :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Well looks like there's no need ... A tour guide has already appeared . Thanks Fooj ... It's a couple of years since I have been and the overriding memories has been of tourists  mostly from Japan and USA filling every frame  !  

5 hours ago, Clicker said:

I can do a reckie and find somewhere to meet   check out parking    etc   unless you have already decided

Nothing sorted in that respect as yet.

Last year's itinerary was; Meet at a cafe for coffee, camera walk, pub lunch, camera walk, coffee, home. All very informal and relaxed, just how it should be :12_slight_smile:

I for one have never been to Stratford before so some local knowledge would be helpful. 

Ref. Meeting at my gaff.....tiny Victorian house, very small rooms, can't hold more than three visitors at a time.....you would have to do it in timed sittings..

Stick to meeting in Stratford folks unless you want to lose more than half the day.

The idea of a lift is appealing, many thanks, as long as you don't rely on me to find you the park & ride, I haven't driven for five years now, and the M40/A46/Stratford traffic gyratory altered completely since I did.

Not meeting at my gaff, doesn't mean that you can't arrange a guided tour of the Castle any other time, as long as I have plenty of notice beforehand.

I can advise on the Stratford trip, but wouldn't like to dictate the itinerary...... Henley Street, and the Birthplace plus tourists should take around an hour......Riverside and the  Market then the theatre one and a half ..... then cross the canal and river for the picnic lunch If fine. ..... The butterfly farm and wildlife island, the river traffic and tourists should keep you all snapping .....just fit in the coffee breaks.

Study your town maps prior to the trip would be good...

The market is interesting because it draws folk in from the surrounding villages. M'dears......aaaaaarr!

FUJI

3 minutes ago, FUJI said:

I can advise on the Stratford trip, but wouldn't like to dictate the itinerary......

If last year is anything to go by it'll be a case of the blind leading the blind. As if I know York! :whistle:

GOOD NEWS!

A very early phone call from a good shooting pal resulted in a fantastic shoot out in Stratford-Upon-Avon, the chosen destination for this year's ....Bid Day Out.

It proved to be, a brilliant exercise for many reasons other than pitting our different kit and our skills against each other, he with his near new Leica and me with a £15 Russian lens, both shooting fully manually.

But for this thread, what made the morning even more interesting, was the reaction of a.....Richard Trego.......the Market Manager for the weekly Stratford Market......he is a sup

er-keen photographer, has his own following and encourages photography in and around the busy market, which isnt huge but made more interesting because of visitors from all over the world. He even offered us a stall where pics could be displayed, but I clarified that the TIPF visit was a meet up of an online photography forum.

He is looking forward to meeting you all, in due course......he was carrying his big NIKON dslr around as we spoke, so a warm welcome on the market gaurunteed.

Henley Street where Shakespeare's birthplace is was thronged with visitors, as were the surrounding streets......our time didn't include the Thestre and river side, but that too has lots to offer.

For those stsy9ng in town, there should be lots of opportunity for fantastic river shots from both banks.

Futher to this, I have mentioned the chippy and the other eateries, but I did forget the famous.....Cornish Pasty Shop.....the genuine item freshly baked every day, the best Ive ever tasted.....they come in three sizes and with  a variety of fillings.....I prefers the traditional myself. 

A large one will keep you going for the day.

should the mods wish to contact or explore the Twitter, Facebook and web-site of Trevor Trego...      www.geraud.co.uk...... richard@marketvillage.co.uk

Hope this whets your appetites!

FUJI

• Like 2