Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hi all you shutter shooters!

mikejduk

Hi everyone, I get so busy sometimes I miss posts like the one from January 4th suggesting I introduce myself! So, I hope better late than never!

My name is Mike, I live in Hyndburn, Lancashire and I have only been exploring photography seriously for the past three years. I started out with a basic Nikon digital and swapped over to Canon. Though I've never won any club competitions, the L&CPU - Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union did keep one of my images back for their portfolio which travels the country. I am probably my harshest critic so when I suggest I think I've made some improvement since I started out, I don't say that lightly. I'm a member of a camera club but have learned not to take myself too seriously.  Join a camera club and what you might think is a great photo can so easily be put down by a judge. With each successive competition you soon discover who are the good photographers in the club as it is so often the same names that are in the top three winners for the monthly competition.

I use a Canon 60D EOS with my three favourite lenses: Canon 18-135mm; 10-18mm; and 24-105mm. In my short time I have learned that the quality of a photo is as much, if not more, down to the quality of the lens as to the camera.

I love country walks and exploring little villages dotted around our County. Landscape, flora and fauna, birds and butterflies, sunsets! And yet, I also love old churches, inside and out. I see in their architecture, designs that would never pass the drawing board these days. I love old Gothic style buildings, the like of which I'm sure we'll never see built again.

Outside of my photography I enjoy Crown green bowling in the summer months and Indoor bowling to keep me going in the winter. I play snooker regularly, or try to!  I'm actively involved with a local church and help out with a senior citizens' Luncheon Club. I'm about to explore my thespian talents, if I have any, with a local drama group.

I've been retired for over 8 years now and sometimes think I should return to work for the rest! I am so busy but that's how I like it. I love nothing better than to set off in my Smart car to a part of the country I've never visited before with my camera. Sometimes I will take Jenny, my Parson Jack Russell, with me.  She's very patent and stands around for ages whilst I'm getting my shots!

I look forward to getting to know y'all in the coming months.

Mike Disk web size.png

Glad you made it Mike ...  they're a mad bunch on here ... you have been warned ..:lol: That's a nice comprehensive introduction  from you... I  suspect that  you'll find way around the site  but if you have any problems ...just yell ... there's no end of people  ready to point you in the right direction should you get lost ...  and the occasional one who will try to  entice you into the asylum where Matron rules supreme . 

Welcome to  TIPF .

PS After thirty posts  ( just comments will suffice ) you  will earn the right to edit  your posts  by clicking on the little cog wheel bottom left on your post .... lol  so till then ..any mistakes and typos  will be here for all to see ..:lol:

On 14 January 2017 at 04:05, mikejduk said:

In my short time I have learned that the quality of a photo is as much, if not more, down to the quality of the lens as to the camera.

Welcome to the forums  Mike. :14_relaxed:

I'm not sure you can be "alone" with a smartphone and social networks? :laughing: Good picture though.

In my time I have learned that the quality of an image is more down to the eye & brain behind the viewfinder than anything else... just wish mine were better!

• Like 1