Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Downtown Chester

David995031

The point of view on both these is interesting Dave ...looks like you were  looking out of a building .. There  is something odd though about the sky in the first image ...it's really pixelated  ...  have you  substituted  the  sky and made a composite  as the rest of the image  resolution seems fine .. 

Two terrific views  though and the sepia  treatment   means you actually don't notice the  contemporary aspect in the people and the shop signs ... What a great peep into the past Chester affords us with these buildings...

16 minutes ago, Clicker said:

The point of view on both these is interesting Dave ...looks like you were  looking out of a building .. There  is something odd though about the sky in the first image ...it's really pixelated  ...  have you  substituted  the  sky and made a composite  as the rest of the image  resolution seems fine .. 

Two terrific views  though and the sepia  treatment   means you actually don't notice the  contemporary aspect in the people and the shop signs ... What a great peep into the past Chester affords us with these buildings...

Thanks Polly, tIMG_7510.jpg.ad36933372160dde07cee7b33b24774b.jpghe POV was actually on the city wall under the clock - here: 

22 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

A couple of nice shots, I was going to say it looked you were on the city walls under the clock tower. Did you see the Roman Amphitheatre?

No - we went to the Roman Gardens, did the city walls and a boat trip but then ran out of time.

2 hours ago, David995031 said:

Thanks Polly, tIMG_7510.jpg.ad36933372160dde07cee7b33b24774b.jpghe POV was actually on the city wall under the clock - here: 

I am a bit mystified by the pixelisation of the sky in the first shot. It is not evident in the original raw file, nor in the colour jpg file so it can only have happened in the photoshop conversion to mono. Any ideas anyone?

On 15/09/2020 at 21:00, David995031 said:

I am a bit mystified by the pixelisation of the sky in the first shot. It is not evident in the original raw file, nor in the colour jpg file so it can only have happened in the photoshop conversion to mono. Any ideas anyone?

That’s really weird isn’t it ? How did you actually  convert it in Photoshop David.... ?

Well for the life of me I cannot see why that has happened David . Did you use the Raw image to start with or the jpeg ....  Have you tried to do it again and see if it pixelates again ...  really odd innit?   I hate   unsolved mysteries like this ....lol

7 hours ago, Clicker said:

Well for the life of me I cannot see why that has happened David . Did you use the Raw image to start with or the jpeg ....  Have you tried to do it again and see if it pixelates again ...  really odd innit?   I hate   unsolved mysteries like this ....lol

I processed the raw image in Lightroom and exported it to a folder on the hard drive as a jpeg. I then processed the jpeg file in Photoshop. I have done this lots of times without  this strange pixelation. 

I never use  Lightroom  so I don't know what that entails . I process Raw initially IN  ACR( Adobe Camera Raw) which is a free plug in  for  Photoshop  then  it's opened in Photoshop  CC 2020 where I  continue the processing  as a jpeg copy . 

Have you  tried the procedure  again   on that image  out of interest?  At what stage do you  make the image  smaller ?

Nice shots David .... I was just watching a report sadly that said that Chester Zoo is struggling due to lack of visitors 

I use ACR too, and then move it toi CS6 ... I cant see any reason why it would pixelate like that unless its something to do with the way you have saved it for the web?

Archived