Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Entrance to the Grand Canal

johntwo

Such a famous scene ... ... Canaletto must have  been  just a bit closer when he painted his version with the Basilica di Santa Maria Della Salute on the left ...  A really nice job paying homage to both a glorious painting and a stunning view John ... very nicely executed too ...

Irresistible really Clicks.  I love Venice for its variety and compactness.  The only things that spoils it  are all those tourists and the prices in St Marks.  I wonder what it's like at the moment?

It might be interesting to see the 3 pics that you used John ... it all looks seamless from here  so very well done .. 

What would you give to have your camera  now and be there with probably  no tourists eh?

No Sooner said ............. .  Apart from some preparatory cloning of the white motor boat and the odd crane gantry or two, the credit goes to Photoshop which does such a good ob these days.

It's a recent post process but the originals were taken some time ago on a Sony Bridge camera - might even have been a point and shoot but the meta data doesn't record the model on these for some reason. Either way it was an 8 megapixel or less sensor.  I was amazed at the quality that could be extracted using today's software.

1182056559_Venisc.thumb.jpg.896abf4798751b173f380d2e56c18178.jpg

1194531287_Veniceb.thumb.jpg.c3017556f24c6cad5dd39e8c3c54c0ea.jpg

701349666_Venicea.thumb.jpg.0e5c1778526376a84e434c47f97b938e.jpg

Thanks for showing those John .. it's worked really well and asyou say ... great quality from the Sony... I still got two...one of which is the the old DSC 717 with a  Zeiss lens. Still produces pretty decent pics but the storage capacity is abysmal and it's not easy to find the genuine sticks now.... I mean  128Mbs!!

I agree Van ....It really is a beauty .. I think you presented it in a way John that really shows it off well with the grey framing and  drop shadows...it's so understated that you barely notice it  yet take it away and it loses a tad of the impact ... 1st class processing  and it just goes to show it's often worth going back to our archives as we may not realise the extra skills we have acquired over the years plus the new software available  can often be more than we suspected.     Now you have a yellow ribbon awarded  John  for 5 or more likes but sadly it doesn't show up half as much as it used to .....<sodemoji.1f627></sodemoji.1f627>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived