Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Valencia Arts & Science Park

Stravinsky

In 2011 I went on my first photographic club night shoot in Valencia, Spain.  I had a Canon 7D, a Sigma 10 - 20, a tripod and absolutely no idea what i was doing.

I got a bit of help from the fellow photographers and of course we had some great architecture as a subject.

My lack of processing skills meant I ended up with very  images which were very red because the orange lights of the city of Valencia reflected up into the clouds, and I wasnt particularly happy with them.

It's only this week that I've actually sat down and tried to do them some justice with my new found experience in photo processing.

I'm not sure if you will like them, but as a port of call in my photographic journey they are quite important to me :6_smile:

Sciencepark5798website.jpg

sciencepark5810website.jpg

sciencepark5839website.jpg

Sciencepark5842_3_4_tonemappedwebsite.jpg

Sciencepark5834website.jpg

Same response from me Strav...First two are fabulous ... the Third one  for me would look better with the bottom fifth cropped and discarded .( just  my opinion).. ...from about halfway up the blue light reflection on the right ...The blurred disturbed water spoils the reflection in that bottom part of the image  and upsets the balance for me and ...distracts from the main subject  ..that is  the fabulous illuminated building. Also I would quite like to see the latter two in Mono  ...just a thought ..... :14_relaxed:

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Same response from me Strav...First two are fabulous ... the Third one  for me would look better with the bottom fifth cropped and discarded .( just  my opinion).. ...from about halfway up the blue light reflection on the right ...The blurred disturbed water spoils the reflection in that bottom part of the image  and upsets the balance for me and ...distracts from the main subject  ..that is  the fabulous illuminated building. Also I would quite like to see the latter two in Mono  ...just a thought ..... :14_relaxed:

I know what you mean about that one, it was really annoying that the water movement was strange in that area to the left.  Cropping it wont change that of course, but it may well take your eyes away from the dividing line

Stunning captures of a wonderful location. Valencia is a beautiful city with a great mixture of old and new buildings the biopark (posh word for zoo) was a great day out as well. It's high on my list of must get back there one day places.

Stunning architecture -all well shot with the 10/20, a lens I use a lot too.

Picture 4 I do wonder how it would look with some of the sodium orange toned down but I also quite like the contrast you have there so keep em' coming  :clap:

I have returned to these quite a few times now, just to absorb the whole....

Congratulations from me, all round, as far as I'm concerned you have graduated from processing college, and, as long as you  have absorbed the lessons learned during the shoot you can only get better.

The first two are stunning......I bet the ...City Father's....would love copies.

Did the architect have a fish on his mind as he envisaged then designed the building, I wonder?

FUJI

4 hours ago, sr1867 said:

Stunning captures of a wonderful location. Valencia is a beautiful city with a great mixture of old and new buildings the biopark (posh word for zoo) was a great day out as well. It's high on my list of must get back there one day places.

Well I lived over there for 7 years, and Valencia (and especially the bio park) was one of our regular visits ... we had an annual pass for the biopark.  I spent a day with a photo buddy wandering around the back streets and thats well worth doing as well, getting away from the tourists 

3 hours ago, colinb said:

Stunning architecture -all well shot with the 10/20, a lens I use a lot too.

Picture 4 I do wonder how it would look with some of the sodium orange toned down but I also quite like the contrast you have there so keep em' coming  :clap:

Thanks - It was a great lens, I had to sell it when I moved to full frame and now have the 16-35 IS L.    If I showed you the originals you would get an idea of how difficult that was.... I have toned it down hugely.  The problem was that the lighting in the city was hitting the clouds and creating an orangy red aura.  I used all kinds in PS to try and get a reasonable balance, but it's still there, I know :5_smiley:

2 hours ago, FUJI said:

I have returned to these quite a few times now, just to absorb the whole....

Congratulations from me, all round, as far as I'm concerned you have graduated from processing college, and, as long as you  have absorbed the lessons learned during the shoot you can only get better.

The first two are stunning......I bet the ...City Father's....would love copies.

Did the architect have a fish on his mind as he envisaged then designed the building, I wonder?

FUJI

Yes the fish is what many people notice ... The whole design changes as you move around the park.

I'd love to go back there and shoot in RAW

21 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

I'd love to go back there and shoot in RAW

So these are jpg? You should have said, the colour correction is rather good considering. I was going to suggest using LR rather than PS for the colour correction but not if these are jpg.

9 hours ago, colinb said:

So these are jpg? You should have said, the colour correction is rather good considering. I was going to suggest using LR rather than PS for the colour correction but not if these are jpg.

I'm afraid so.  I started taking photos in Spain around 2009 / 2010 and I didnt really have much input from others.  Looking back on it, it really annoys me that this was with a camera club and no one there ever mentioned the benefits of RAW photography

Archived