Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A member, Kobione (Dee) needs our support ....

Clicker

I have  Dee's permission  to make this posting as I have just  had a call from her  explaining why she  hasn't been around lately on the Forum ...She is in fact in hospital where she was admitted two weeks ago after  unexpectedly  being diagnosed with  ovarian cancer . Those of us who have   had contact with her over the  years have seen what an amazing character she is and how stoic she has always seemed   in the face of  adversity . Dee was originally  from the Uk and  moved to Australia  many years ago ....she lived out in the  wilds  with acres of land till a few years ago when  her husband  became  ill and sadly  died. She moved with her beloved dogs to an urban setting  and readjusted  as best she could  and had  hip replacement surgery  that she had  postponed for a long time whilst nursing her husband . Unfortunately that  didn't have the result that was  expected  and   she had to have more surgery to put it right ... Throughout all of this  she   never ever  seemed to feel sorry for herself and it  seemed even when her son became extremely ill she  seemed to be  made  of steel and  was a mainstay of support to him and the family helping to navigate   through those  hard times.  Even now  she  seems  as tough as old boots but I know  she  would  dearly love to hear from  any of you,  not only those who have interacted with her before.  I  would love  to hear her story and  tales of her escapades  over the years so if you  feel you can tell us a bit about  how your life in Australia all  started Dee ....we would love to hear it... and keep in touch with you on this thread  while  you start your chemotherapy etc in a short while.  So if  ever you have the time and energy  to spare , even  for just  moment,  tell us  how it all started. We are sending you  our very best thoughts and wishes   to let you know that you are not alone .. 

So  Dee ... what on earth  made you decide to move to a place that  has spiders as big as yer hand and snakes   that slither  into yer house when you're not looking  all. those years ago !!!?

• Like 1

Oh my word Dee, this has come as a shock to all of us. I really hope you improve and come out smiling.

I do recall your strength in the past when the world didn't favour you - and no matter what thw world threw your way you would always battle through. This is just a new chapter for you journey book, and a book that has always kept us reading.

Stay strong flower.  💕

Paul.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Such sad news … Ryewolf was informed last night as Leon had seen a posting apparently by her daughter on Facebook and we didn’t want to post anything until we could confirm with a member of her family as both Rye and I do not use Facebook . Dee last telephoned me on October the 24th with the news that instigated this thread and sadly told me her internet and phone access was quite limited in hospital. Last night Rye made contact with her son who confirmed the sad news . Such a stalwart, Dee loved this Forum and despite all the problems that beset her over the past few years, she never wavered in her support, even apologising (when she was poorly and unable to walk far with her hip problems,)that she was unable to get out much with her camera . My sincere condolences go out to her family and friends. We will miss Dee on this Forum … she was one of the reasons Rye and I wanted to keep the Forum going …  RIP dear friend …..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sad news indeed! Someone posted about Deirdre's passing on her facebook page yesterday, she will be sadly missed. She was the sort of lady who took life by the horns and lived it to the full. May she rest in peace.

Happy days with my late wife and Dee!

Dee.jpg.b4ad051366cc7757a5e7a226a7dd2c3d.jpg

• Like 2

This is very sad news, whilst I didn't meet Dee in person, we did speak on Skype on a couple on TIPF meetups and we regularly spoke on the phone over the past 7 years. I did manage to speak to her son Chris on Sunday UK time, to let him know she had many friends in the UK via the Forum who would miss her and her photographic contributions greatly and passed on condolences from all of us to her family.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...