Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

At last ... the Merlin has landed ...

It did make my day Cheryl … yes it is a Merlin … they fly so fast, even catching a blur is difficult!!  It was taken through the glass of the French doors in the lounge and was about 25-30 feet away. I didn’t have time  to get the tripod out and so it was hand held with the 400 mm lens….

Well I have seen a bue/grey flash a few times and  a puff  of  feathers just floating down to the ground  as a songbird  just disappeared before my eyes  but I  have only seen it land three times  in a tree  in the garden , in stealth mode !  They are on the red list  with the RSPB and I  believe pesticides  were  the cause of their  reduction in numbers  I think  there are only just over 1000 breeding pairs in the Uk ... they are quite solitary birds  ... finding a mate may well be a problem . I think this looked like a male ....  the females   are more brown and buff  coloured .  

It’s a privilege to have the little Merlin living in your area then. I’ve read about the reduction of various raptor species in the UK and the efforts, with some success, to protect them and increase their numbers. It would be wonderful if the one you have photographed could find a mate and breed. 

• Like 1

And therein lies the problem with this country.  Us ancient old farts witnessed, when going for a drive in the countryside of an evening, the amount of bugs that splattered on the windscreen of the car. 
Now with the widespread use of insecticides to promote the artificially pristine standard of vegetables we see in the supermarkets, the decline in insect life has had an impact on the animals and birds that preyed on them, together with the raptors that preyed on the birds. 

• Sad 1