Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More from the Gower ...

For some reason I must have altered the menu  inadvertently on my camera as I took photos  for a couple of hours just in JPEG   instead of RAW...   So PP  was not as simple  to fix the lighting  on the foreground... and it was a bit noisy ...  ... so I have added a bit of oil paint to it 😉👩‍🎨

DSCF0934 ed2s.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes  it's easy not to check the camera settings  especially if  you haven't changed the circumstances  of your shoot . I think in the  bright sunlight earlier in the day  I must have changed  the menu  by mistake 🤦‍♀️... and  as I  shoot through the viewfinder usually and not the screen, I usually have the display switched off too ...doh that will teach me to double check in future .

The original was so dark in the foreground I nearly binned it ...

Thanks  you two ... ... I hate    deleting photos ... a throwback to the days of film when every negative  cost me !!I

Yeah  maybe  I could have cropped it so there was less silhouetted  foreground I suppose  but I remember I really  wanted the  lowlit foreground  to show ...

Here's what it looked like ... 

DSCF0934 copy ed1s.jpg

Cropped to 19: 9  format   without processing ...    Hmm... the more I look at it ... the more I quite like it .. Weird  isn't it how  you can get something in your mind  and  get a bit blinkered  about it ...  Comments always   appreciated  ....

DSCF0934 copy ed1As.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Fogey …  sometimes in striving for a particular outcome… an unexpected  accident can occur that turns out not so bad  in the end.    It took a while to see it though as I was so fixated on composing the foreground originally … 🙄doh … 

Ryland... you certainly know that area ... I hadn't said where it was  and you knew exactly  the place .. Yes I stayed  at Oxwich Green just 10 minutes  walk from that spot ... 

Mark .. I use  Photoshop 20 and 22  for my processing (though I use the NIK collection occasionally...   )  I struggled on this though as I hadn't  shot in RAW  so  going into the raw filter on a jpeg I had to do quite a lot of noise suppression ...

• 1 month later...