Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Good morning TIPF

Joe

Hello and good morning.

I have spent quite a while looking round for a Photography Forum which I think is right for me - and I'm particularly impressed by the standards that are very evident here in TIPF. Thank you very much indeed for allowing me to join - its very much appreciated. I look forward to conversing with you over the coming weeks and months.

I thought a little about myself might be helpful for established members - since your track record is very obviously so welcoming - you might as well know who is coming to join you!! :smiling:

I'm a "50 something" (alas no longer a spring chicken - perhaps if anything an autumn chicken!!! :thumbup:)

I work in education and love my job.

I was introduced to photography as a youngster by my father and had my first twin lens reflex aged about 14. It was only possible to shoot in manual then!! I moved on to my first SLR at 18 - but then moved into "snap" photography - immersed in the world of compact cameras (which to be fair were very good.)

I guess I was able to manage the technical side of light - so exposure wasn't so much an issue for me - but over recent years I have really enjoyed getting into the "digital world" ending up with a couple of DSLRs that I justified for use in school - but love working with everywhere I go.

I'm also pretty keen on videography.....

As a youngster I was mainly taught the technical side - so I am trying to teach myself (and experiment with) the artistic side - with a particular emphasis on trying to become better with composition.

I am nowhere near good enough to have landed on a "style" yet!!! Perhaps over time....!!

I hope to be involved with discussions on the board - which looks extremely impressive. **Huge respect** to those involved in creating, engaging with  and maintaining the terrific ethos here (that's not easy  - I know that!!)

I was originally brought up in the mining villages of County Durham - but now live in Burscough, which is part of West Lancashire!!

Good day to you all on TIPF - and thanks again for allowing me to join!!

Cheers

Joe

I hope to be involved with discussions on the board - which looks extremely impressive. **Huge respect** to those involved in creating, engaging with  and maintaining the terrific ethos

If not a little wacky

Hi joe I had an ethos once traded it in for a ford, bad mistake

Lancashire, must pop over there sometime and see how the other half live

Look forward to seeing some images

Hi, Joe and welcome. Don't expect too much technical help from me, but there are others here who are helpful and informative. In addition you can enjoy a friendly and fun forum as well!

Hi Joe, I am with Kobi on the techie things and the fun :)

Hi Joe

A very warm welcome to the TIPF community........thank you for your great introduction, it helps when new members do that.

Another member from Lancashire eh?......... Our Korky will be pleased.

I'm looking forward to seeing your first posts.

FUJI

Hi Joe and Welcome.

Because of the weather and some of us not being able to get out very far in it, we have fun with other stuff (ie.The word association game) and even dig out old pics and post.

Feel free to dig out some of yours to post.

Most of us use Photobucket and post the image link as it's a lot easier than having to re-size before uploading.
You will soon feel at home here.

Edited by NannyFerret

Hi Joe and Welcome.

Because of the weather and some of us not being ale to get out very far in it, we have fun with other stuff (ie.The word association game) and even dig out old pics and post.

Feel free to dig out some of yours to post.

Most of us use Photobucket and post the image link as it's a lot easier than having to re-size before uploading.

You will soon feel at home here.

Speak for yourself! For me, it's "swipe to the desktop" (from iPhoto), double click, resize in Preview (one menu option), then upload. But then, I use a Mac...  :flower:

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that camera in your hand?
Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that camera in your hand?
Alright. I'm goin down to shoot my old lady,
you know I caught her messin' 'round with another man.
Yeah,! I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady,
Huh! And that ain't too cool.

my apologise to the late Jimmy Hendrix

...makes a change from just saying 'Hi and welcome" ?

oh! and Hi and welcome

Edited by colinb
  • Like 1

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that camera in your hand?

Hey Joe, I said where you goin' with that camera in your hand?

Alright. I'm goin down to shoot my old lady,

Yeah,! I'm goin' down to shoot my old lady,

Huh! And that ain't too cool.

my apologise to the late Jimmy Hendrix

...makes a change from just saying 'Hi and welcome" ?

oh! and Hi and welcome

and some just a little bit wackier than others :yes  :rofl:

• Like 1

Hi joe and welcome to the forum 

we have a good selection of those fun jackets that tie up at the back over there on the right whilst medications are given out twice a day on the left 

The padded room is also available but is booked by the hour in advance 

enjoy :) 

Wow!

Thank you all for your great kindness and welcome!

Very much appreciated!

Its also good to see some other Northern Photographers on here too!

I'm very much looking forward to engaging in conversation with you all and exchanging views about pictures etc. - however I have the stress and trauma of an imminent relaxing half term to deal with first!! Roll on 3.30!! (Heartbreaking, I know!!)

Cheers

Joe