Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Here is what has been keeping me away...

Denis

I always promised to treat myself to a camper van, not a motorhomes, but a self contained day van with all mod cons. Just the job for a weekend or three or four days at the most. We have chased up and down from Essex to Lincolnshire to Nottingham to Norfolk, some we see we're awful high mileage and poorly built conversions. We were almost on the point of giving up and I found this for sale in London... 25 blinking miles away, we were on the blokes doorstep at 0700 this morning cash in hand an an appealing pleading look on our faces as a Dutch couple were on there way to the UK to view it. 

Luck was on our side,it is a 12 plate on a private reg, a professional Surf shack camper by  a firm called, 'Second Skin Surf'. Comes complete with a huge drive away awning worth £350...just the thing for those overnight forum group meet ups we are going to have next year... I won't have to book a room, just a campsite nearby

IMG-20200625-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200625-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20200625-WA0044.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like you got a good one there Denis. I've just bought myself a new car a 3 door Renault Megane on a 2015 plate - I did fancy a camper van but you don't get a lot for your money and motorhomes are serious money and some top of the range motorhomes are getting close to £100k which is 3 times the price of my house when I bought it.....

• Thanks 1

WOW! Denis...you go for it mate..... you deserve something like that as a just reward for a working life of graft.

All you need to do now, is to learn to be....Retired.... no diaries....no calendars.... not bothering to look at clocks..... excluding everything negative from your lives.... 

Load up that ....Passion-Wagon.... and shoot into the ...Wild-Blue-Yonder.... 

Do what we used to do with our old VW Camper.... have it set to go at short notice.... then..as the whim takes his.... shoot off.... the work is yours.

I am so pleased  and happy for you.....if you drift our way....give us plenty of warning first.... a pub lunch plus a short photo-shoot might do the trick....socially distancing of course.

FUJI

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Looks like you got a good one there Denis. I've just bought myself a new car a 3 door Renault Megane on a 2015 plate - I did fancy a camper van but you don't get a lot for your money and motorhomes are serious money and some top of the range motorhomes are getting close to £100k which is 3 times the price of my house when I bought it.....

A friend has a 2015 Megane, good looking car and he loves it, glad you got sorted too Geoff :)So I have a Renault Van.....Vive la France!

Way to go Denis! You are now free to go where you want when you want! I loved my old Fiat Ducato that I self converted into a camper van. Me and the missus used to go away at every opportunity, even if it was just for one night. If you ever get the chance to travel to Scotland you don't even need to bother finding a campsite, wild camping is allowed providing you're not making a nuisance of yourself. We used to love turning left at Gretna Green and going along the Dumfries and Galloway coast. Just using a campsite every few days or so for the showers and toilet facilities.

When my wife became ill someone made me a great offer for the van so I let it go, but I still sometimes get the hankering for doing another conversion.

• Thanks 1