Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Happy days...

Clicker

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Tram line cables  have to stay I'm afraid

They would have been there with the period though. Have you lightened or destaurated this, it looks a little pale on my laptop? What's interesting is that quite a few places are now building tram lines again - Manchester is the most obvious for me.... I think Blackpool is one of the few places in England that actually kept it's first gen trams running.

Yeah I took some colour out and used a neutral density filter too ...it looked far too bright and  gaudy for late Victorian  times ...:yes

Yes I rather think trams seem the answer to all that city centre polution  from cars ... I mean the congestion charges  in London make driving through towns prohibitive now ... notwithstanding so flipping unhealthy ! 

25 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Yeah I took some colour out and used a neutral density filter too

I must admit I hate using my laptop,if you don't have it at the right angle images can seem overly dark or too bright. I just can't seem to get this data dongle I have to work on my desktop pc's.....

13 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I wonder why that is .... How long now before you get  set up with your new provider ...?

It could be because the laptop has a buit in wifi that you can turn on or off whereas the desktops are connected to the router using wired ethernet connections. One computer has all my programs on, the other has all the images, websites/web server and SQL databases running on it, so all my workflow is done on one machine but the data and files is kept on another.

Ah Thanks Hatter ...  ... I do like these living outdoor museums ...They must make history so much more real for youngsters ... It's easy to  forget  how long ago some things were popular yet today  even grown up  people look askance at you when you tell them things like ...  , we never had disposable nappies for babies  or   a telephone in the house( let alone a mobile!)   till I was 30 years old . When I told  my friend’s grandchild  we used to amuse ourselves playing marbles or hopscotch...  he   looked blank ...and after googling it ( yeah there's the irony )  just laughed and said what a boring childhood we must have had ... and nothing is further from the truth.. Sorry ...a bit off topic here ...  though it is related to  history I suppose ...:yes

5 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I do like these living outdoor museums

Yes - I've been to the Black Country one in Dudley a few times.

Sadly, Beamish is a bit far for a day trip from here.

6 hours ago, Hatter said:

Sadly, Beamish is a bit far for a day trip from here.

Bit far for me too Polly, but I would love to go there and see the sort of thing you have in the picture, and in those surroundings.

Works for me, too - the desaturated look suits the subject really well. Must have a look at the ND filter in Nik - never thought of using it before.

Now....... About those tram cables...

BTW - I love Beamish, hope to  be in that part of the world in October.

Korky

• 1 month later...

Archived