Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Slice Of Your Life 28/05/18 - 03/06/18

Moving movie scenary, the bar from one of the mission impossible films, gawd knows what one though, a virtual prize to whoever knows ?

IMG_20180530_105731969_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180530_105755471_HDR.jpg

Edited by Denis
removed duplicate image
  • Like 1

Managed 2-3 hours at the South Walney Nature Reserve - a rare treat and some much needed exercise.  Makes a point of the Grey Seal colony that is resident but in the event, you are not allowed near them or even near enough to use a long lens.  Spent my time walking the shoreline at high tide.  Lots of sea bird but I also saw this.  Can't positively ID it.  Think it might be one of the Pipet family.  Anyone any ideas.  (The image is a bit overblown and consequently heavily processed so not looking for IQ comments.)

pippit.jpg.770344706593fc2ed66919803fcedd20.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Denis said:

Looks very similar to a summer plumage female Reed Bunting John, leg is ringed too..

Thanks Denis.  I think the Reed bunting is a bit chunkier and has different head colouring.  The female is close but seems to have a light flash across the eye rather than the dark flash on this bird.  The closest I can get is a Pipit but the beak doesn't look quite right - but my expertise is pure Google. ?

The earthworks we had going on at home are now finished and...….. goodbye composting toilet, (which has been brilliant for 13 years), and hello new toilet with a flush button!! Yipee!!!!:

Empty space teatime yesterday:

P1010299a.thumb.jpg.c43bbba36b77e8174d9baf2943a095af.jpg

And today:

P1010300a.thumb.jpg.9af668d9ea207e7c2d5a2427b35cb509.jpg

According to my RSPB book of British Birds,  a Corn Bunting has pinkish legs and a yellow tinge to the base of the beak Clicks, Johns shot seems to have  Reed and Corn bunting plumage !

38 minutes ago, Denis said:

..................................................................................................................... Clicks, Johns shot seems to have  Reed and Corn bunting plumage !

...... and to cap it all, it's got one red foot and one grey foot.  

Edited by johntwo
9 hours ago, Clicker said:

If it is a Twite it's on the conservation Red list John ....an exciting catch really ...

You obviously read my last post before I deleted the reference to it being a Twite.  I did so because the images on Google show a bird with a yellow beak.  However, according to the RSPB handbook,  that's the male.  The female has exactly the beak shown in my image.  So I'm back to thinking that it is indeed a Twite.  Hadn't realised it is under threat though.  

23 hours ago, Kobione said:

.............................................................................. hello new toilet with a flush button!! Yipee!!!!:

Looks to be a bit more spider proof as well Kobione. :whistle:

• Haha 1