Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Calendar Challenge 2018 - General Discussion

Great to have you onboard Dee.

I think I'm going to go with a themed calendar and I'm leaning towards twelve shots of our coast. I'm there most days with Jasper, its spectacular, we have a lighthouses, rock stacks, sunrises, sunsets, calm days, stormy days, grey days and even the occasional dead thing. 

• Like 1

I am definitely doing this challenge...... could be landscapes , churches , flowers, doors,  birds, even lonely solitary trees ...  ... looking forward to the challenge. ...at least it will be at a more sedate pace  that this  old gal can keep up with  ...?

• Like 1

This sounds a great idea, I've been wunderin' about a theme as there's not a lot to photograph where I am (I'm not really into street/people photography), so I'm toying with the idea of 'Pics From My Block' for photos of birds, trees, sunsets/clouds/planes etc; whatever catches my eye at the time think.gif.3704ce7c253f8a15a672406b0217f0a0.gif

Roll on 2018 :91_thumbsup:

I'll try with a theme (if you can call it that) of "shot on film". I guess my main worry is that for 35mm film the lag can be quite long (particularly at the start and end of the year when mid-week opportunities are basically nil), so how long after the end of the month do you plan keeping submissions open?

We never  closed the daily  challenge threads but there were only five of us most of the time .....the biggest problem  seemed to be that the dates started to get out of sequence if we ( and I was the biggest culprit , ) posted late.. Maybe we can have till the last day of the following month to post, giving film people a chance to develop ...and rely on people not being ridiculously late  but it's up to Beepy if he wants to close it every month ... Personally I think it can stifle creativity and put people off if there are too many rules.. It needs to be fun and inclusive...after all we just want to encourage everyone to  take wonderful photos...  . Whatever you think works Beepy, is fine by me ...Looking forward to starting !

It never bothered me that the OADED threads got out of sequence, there were times that I played catch up - especially during weekdays or was away for a few days. Plus people also commented on the threads afterwards.

To be honest I don't think the threads should be closed, you might get to the end of the month and find you have a selection of images you just can't decide on and might want opinions on, as long as the image was taken during a particular month (i.e. 1st-31st Jan) it should be allowed, like James said for film he might get his image at the end of the month and take 2 weeks to process or indeed later in the year you might reprocess an image differently.

I do think that images taken during each month should only be considered for that month, so images taken in January should only be considered for your calendar for Jan and not some other month.

Obviously I'm in on this one, not sure if I'm going to set a theme as yet, I might just wing it and see... Some obvious themes came to mind ... Views From Pendle, Birds, 12 Counties Landscapes...

I agree.. I just always felt it was mostly me that messed  up the sequence....;)As long as the photo is taken during the month it will eventually represent, I'm cool with that ...It'll be nice to get opinions  and feedback on choices we make ... It will be a really nice to pick the very best image  for each month instead instead of sometimes having to compromise on the quality if time was at a premium ...

19 hours ago, JamesT said:

I'll try with a theme (if you can call it that) of "shot on film". I guess my main worry is that for 35mm film the lag can be quite long (particularly at the start and end of the year when mid-week opportunities are basically nil), so how long after the end of the month do you plan keeping submissions open?

I think it would be nice if the shots were taken in the month they will end up in on our calendars but I don't see an issue if they are posted late.

• 5 weeks later...

I shan't be joining in after all. Now that the 52 Project has ended I've decided to take a break from photography for a few weeks as I'm not having any inspiration at the moment. There are other things I want to do, so I'm going to concentrate on those until Spring. I thought it best to say so now rather than join in with little intention of seeing the project through.

The good / bad news is that I'll still be dropping in at TIPF most days - just to make sure your desks are tidy and that there's no offensive graffiti in the staff lavs.

Good luck with the project.

Korky

• 3 months later...

Very sorry but the Calendar challenge is going to be a 'fail' for me, because we are going to be very limited for some time because David has to start chemo all over again. I will have to be 'the carer' - along with Kelly & Brodie, so not much inspiration or opportunities for this challenge.

Hope some of you do see it through, but apologies from me.