Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

So, a few things to say.

Denis

Not been about for a few weeks.

Since getting the camera back from repair it has only been out a couple of times. Once to Shuttleworth airshow and I took it on holiday to Menorca, but only took a few photos at each location.

Reasons:

Both the wife and I have had health scares recently.  She developed a growth in lower intestines, I have a lump on my lower back next to my spine. Shareen has just been given the all clear as it was originally thought it was cancerous. She was admitted to hospital and had an operation to remove it. Tests now show that is was not what we thought thankfully. Myself, this lump has had a biopsy and also proves to be benign. BUT I have to go for X-rays on the area and for my left hip, I am having a lot of trouble when driving with a dull but intense pain that spreads from the same area of my back down throught my left hip and continues down to my left knee. It is as if the bone itself is hurting . Now in my job this is a big problem, I find I can barely walk after getting out of the cab and act like an old man of 98 years old for about ten minutes until the pain eases up.

When I do long distances it is crippling, more than an hour and a half in the drivers seat and I have to stop to ease it. It does not help that we are extremely busy. I am away from home so much lately that I dont get time to look at anyones photos let alone comment on any. When I am home it is a case of food/shower/prepare for the next day and in bed by 9:00PM. So much slips by that I have missed huge amounts and cant seem to have the time to catch up on anything ! How can I post anything when I cant even leave a comment for others, because if someone leaves me comments then it will feel like a one way trip...and that aint fair!

I made a decision this week to retire from this (so far) 44 year career in a few months, when the mortgage is finally paid (and thats another story !) I shall look for a job away from driving for a couple of days a week to tide me over. Sometimes I think then..and only then, will I be able to actually spend some time on my hobbies. I might actually get to grips with trying to learn about Lightroom, the camera itself and re-learn some stuff at nightclasses as I promised myself some time ago. In the meantime until retirement I shall become more of a 'lurker' that a proactive participant. If I post anything at all it will be under my 'blog section' rather than in the main forums.

Thanks for reading.

Denis.

Hi, Denis,

life can throw things at us sometimes.....What can I say except that I will continue to think of you and yours.....I recall a great day out in Stratford, including the drives to and from home....a short time to get to know each other but long enough to have developed a photographer’s bond, a sharing of a great hobby.

Please  continue to lurk, to comment as and when you can, and allow us to offer moral support if you need it.

Cyril ( FUJI) 

• Like 1

Oh Denis ... we have missed you on here ...( at Buxton on our day out as well ) and we have been asking about you too .I know Dee spoke to you a couple of weeks ago  but we  assumed the  pressures of a particularly busy work load was entirely  the reason for your absenceand that you would be  back as soon as the time allowed. What a worrying time  for both you and Mrs Denis this must have been . The eventual  news for your mIssus must have been such a relief and  I hope that  the Docs  get to the bottom of your  pain issues too after finding the  offending lump to thankfully  be benign. It's just lovely to hear from you  so please just post when you can and don't worry about commenting on  pictures ... The social aspect of this forum for me is just as important if not more  than the  Photography element of it  so ... lurk to your heart's  content Denis ....  I hope to welcome you soon to  at  least a semi retired section of the TIPF !! There isn't a free bus pass handed out   but the friendships  forged are priceless.. ... Here's to  better health   for you and yours  Sunshine .:cheers:

• Like 1

Denis, I have missed you on here too!! I fully understand what it can be like when an unexpected 'event' comes along, and so glad that Mrs Denis is OK, and hopefully things will improve for you too. I know exactly what you mean about 'being a lurker', and that's the way I feel too at the moment, but what Polly said is very true for me also, that the social aspect of the forum and the friendships formed - even if 'virtual', are important to me.

Please stay around, and pop up whenever you feel like it. Sending you virtual hugs and very best wishes, and hoping things go well from now on.

• Like 2

Thanks to those who replied to this, I just wanted to explain my absence... I certainly didnt want it to sound like a 'woe is me post'. Apologies if it reads like it !

I am not giving up on photography John, I just need to be able to spend some time actually doing it instead of chasing my butt off for all and sundry :)

• Like 1

Hey Den ...it didn't sound like a wim post at all  ! Thanks for  letting us know how things are  ... .Of course people notice if a regular contributor  goes awol and it's human nature to be concerned without wishing to intrude on people's privacy . ....so  call in when you can and concentrate on both you and the missus  getting your health sorted . We miss ya  but family and health are your priorities ... We'll catch up with you whenever you can pop in here..;)

• Like 1

Glad to see you're still around Denis, we all did worry about you when we hadn't heard from you in a while, me, Clicker and Korky mentioned it when we were in Buxton last week. As Clicker said, people notice when a regular member is absent for a while. And who could forget that wonderful picture you took in York in the Underpass to the Railway Museum, so glad to hear you're still round, you have been missed on the forums. Sorry to hear about the health problems for both you and your wife, but as Polly said family and your health are priorities, you have been missed............

• Like 2