Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Spring Photo Comp - Rules & Discussions

With our meteorological spring just around the corner its time to dust down your lenses, charge up your batteries, put your thinking caps on and go shoot an image for a brand new TIPF competition.....with a prize for the winner. 

Up for grabs is a fabulous FigBags - The Nettleham vintage style leather camera strap in black worth £65 so we're looking for your very best and most creative efforts.
If that prize sounds familiar then don't worry - you're not going bonkers - its the one I won in an online photo comp a month or so back. The thing is I've discovered one can actually have too many straps - who knew - so thought it might be nice to spread the leathery joy. 

This is an open theme competition so you can shoot anything you like but please shoot and submit something specifically taken for this and not lift it from your archives. If you're not sure these straps are your thing then you can still join in and should you win give it a try, gift it on or just keep it for an occasional sniff.....Korky will attest to their delicious aroma. 

The rules are simple:

* The competition is open to all members.

* The image you submit must have been shot for the competition and not taken from your archives.

* Please post your single entry into the - Images Only - thread.

* Please use this thread for discussions  - any post in the comp thread other than your entry will will be removed.

* Images must be 1050 pixels on their longest edge and they must be uploaded directly to the forum - images with external links will be deleted.

* The competition is open to entries for three weeks closing midnight Sunday 5th March - the winner will be announced a few days later.

As it would be rather self defeating for me to enter I've been tasked with judging the competition and picking the winner though I will be consulting with Phil and Korky who will then pick a Runner Up and a Highly Commended - no prizes for those I'm afraid other than the fame.

And thats it - have fun, get involved and please feel free to post comments below.

The Prize
Fig Strap.jpg
camera not included :)

• Like 2

I had a sken at the FigBags website and was thoroughly gobsmacked at the price of their bags. I thought I'd pushed the boat out when I paid in the region of £60 for my Tamrac bag, but these buggers start off at 235 quid! However, they really do look like quality kit and I fully expect Da Beepster's camera strap to be of equal quality.

Anybody nursing a desire to get hold of this little beauty? It's leather. Proper leather. Leather sniffer's leather.

It's my guess that most TIPFers are actually interested in this comp. But nobody's sayin' nowt.

Come on ya buggers - if you like the idea, say so. If you don't like the idea, say so. But at least say summat!

Oh dear, I've just started two sentences with the word 'but'. My old scrote of an English teacher has probably rotated twice in his grave. Serves him bloody right - he was a git anyway.

Korky

• Like 1

" Oh dear, I've just started two sentences with the word 'but'. My old scrote of an English teacher has probably rotated twice in his grave. Serves him bloody right - he was a git anyway "

I doubt it was the same old scrote as the English teacher we had Korky but ours said the same. But then I found it is a very good was of drawing attention to a statement and much used by journalists so if it is good enough for the Mirror and Sun, or even the Guardian it is perfect for us.

So, I really like the idea and not because there is a prize. But because it is a reason for going out and looking at the spring, even if the weather means the only spring we shall see out walking will be a rusty one poking out of an old flytipped mattress ( given an idea away, damn!) So now I have done this does that mean I have admitted to being a 'bugger'. :-)

Keith..

1 hour ago, kcbrecks said:

I doubt it was the same old scrote as the English teacher we had Korky but ours said the same.

Keith - No, probably not the same old scrote - ours was a good, Catholic gentleman who despised children, laughter and double negatives. He was called Mr Pickles (we called him Wilfred) and he ruled with a rod of iron. He once power-slapped me at the side of the head for mis-spelling 'chloroform'. Happy days!

BTW - Spring isn't a theme for the comp, it's an open theme. Owt ya fancy!

Korky

I imagine there will be quite a few people who will enter Beepy ...

Still a good  bit of time  yet for actual entries to be posted on your image only thread but  if you would prefer to have people register their  interest in advance, then I'll certainly start it off  so that you have an idea of how many  people are  likely to participate.

Then maybe a gentle countdown in the last seven days as a reminder  to us all to post  might be an idea .. An open theme is great  and it's as well to reiterate that  basically it means it should appeal to everyone 's and their  favourite genre .       It's a one off in as much as we rarely get a competition where you pick your own theme /  subject,  so come on TIPFers... Just  let our  Beepy know that we'll give it a go ..  I  for one  think the prize  is worth the effort .....thanks  .

7 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Well, I'm always in for a Challenge/Competition - prize or not - though I am begginning to question my sanity on entering so many challenges - the One A Day, Korky's 52 Challenge, The Weekly Challenge, or even before that the Monthly Challenge.

If you're like me you likely take enough shots but its a bugger trying to remember where they need to go :wacko:

Yup that's how I get confused ... Remembering whether I have posted each day is a nightmare as I always seem to take enough shots  but checking dates for the daily one and the 52 project  after doing it for 14 months one starts to get a bit giddy ! Hey ho  ... It really is a challenge  :yes

• 2 weeks later...