Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Very appropriate BP....... My wife's dad served and fought with The East Lancs Regiment on the Somme.....he survived to tell the tale too...... He was around ten years older than her mum.....an extremely strict but kindly man.

He played the....Last Post.....on his cornet at many Services of Remembrance; being a long time brass band member.......I remember him with great fondness; I was with him when he died.

R.I.P HARRY DAVENPORT.

FUJI

Appropriate indeed. I had 2 great uncles killed in the wars, one in WWI, the other WWII.

I was surprised how little this morning's 2 minute silence had been publicised and observed. At 07:35 at work I was asked why I hadn't answered the phone a few minutes earlier, my boss was more than a little embarrassed when I explained.

I listened to Radio four this morning. The rapid fire of the guns at 0728, one a second for 100 seconds almost did it.  The two minute silence nearly did it....  but the shrill blasts of the whistles signifying for order to go over the top made the hairs on my neck stand up, and I confess to a very large almost immovable lump in the throat.

In Accrington they did a Roll Call of the men who fell during the Battle of the Somme from the 11th Service Battalion - The Accrington Pals. I had hoped to get to the four memorials Oak Hill Park Accrington, Gatty Park Church, Oswaldtwistle and The East Lancs Regiment Commerative Stone in Accrington and take a photo of each, but alas the weather, either rain, hail or bad light - or all 3 together defated any chances of a photo. I did get to them all, though I've no idea from my mothers side of the family if any were there at the Battle of the Somme..

I dont think there was a family untouched in one way or another from WW I. My Grandmother lost her brother at Passchendaele,  his name is on the Menin gate at Ypres.

Very nicely done BP and appropriate.

My Grandfather was wounded at the Battle of the Somme ,he lay in the mud for three days with a  shrapnel wound,strangely enough he always thought the mud saved him from bleeding to death before he was found.

Thank you Beepy...  I made a week long pilgrimage to Flanders in 2013 following in the footsteps of seven great uncles and a grandfather who fell in the Great War  . ...two of them perished on the Somme and I have copies of the War Diaries that document what happened . It makes for heart trending reading  ... We will remember them 

Archived