Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bilbo Baggins

Paul

This is our Bilbo, the new kitten that has quickly taken over at our home since the sad passing of our old friend Tipsy.

He is a typical kitten - into everything, nibbling everything, but I have to say he is a delightfully friendly cuddly kitten who is very happy in our arms, lying on our stomachs, chests and shoulders even! In fact, when he is tired, if he can find a spot to lie on either me, Gill or Rachel, then he will do! He just flops almost as floppy as a rag-doll cat, he's that laid back!

When he is awake though, the play is the most important thing for him as he discovers new places to go and investigate. For this photo, he is is playing in Gillian's handbag...

1200Bilbo_Baggins_framed.jpg

Paul.

Oh my .... he certainly was in the front row  when when the "Ah"  factor was being handed out ...

I see he has already perfected the "butter wouldn't melt in his mouth " pose ...... what a little darling he looks Paul , Do keep us up to date with his progress .:cat:

He's absolutely gorgeous!  And thank goodness there will be someone posting cat pictures on here besides me!  Oh, and Fuji  :-)

Make the most of your lovely little lad whilst he's tiny as they grow up so quickly. 

And I should say that you should put your foot down and establish house rules right from the start!  Of course, I never did, and I've lost count of the times The Boy had chewed my letters, frightened me to death from sitting on top of the bathroom door and sitting on top of my lovely Art Deco clock (which used to work before the advent of the The Boy, but now no longer ticks and the minute hand has mysteriously disappeared.  I'm only hoping he's not swallowed it!)  And numerous other crimes to my person and my property .....  :-)

Having had a number of kittens growing up into adult cats, I have, over the years, established certain rules, for our joint benefit.

with a kitten you can use the natural mother cat warning hiss to correct food pinching or any other unwanted behaviors....they all hate a loud SHHHHHH! and will soon learn .....this same warning, plus physically removing the little learning moggies, from an open door or from where you don't want them for their own safety.

.We live on a busy main road, with very narrow pavements, so no chance if young humans or pets go out that way.....our last three cats ( and any relevant children) receive very clear warnings not, under any circumstances do they open, or, go out of the front door, or the adjoining alley to the front garden.

From very young ages, all are physically removed accompanied appropriate noises of disapproval, now cats nor children bother with the ways to the very busy main road.

Likewise, kittens can be trained not to bite and scratch, via lots of gentle handling and play, but if claws and teeth are over used, the loud SHHHH! noise will stop them in their tracks, the same goes for handling their feet or doing a vet-like body check, the hiss will prevent biting and scratching...it is a very clear sign of your dissaproval.

Dont try this with an adult rescue cat though, unless you want your hand shredded ;-))

A good cat, should allow, normal handling and know house rules regarding safety and where they aren't allowed to go.

to start now,is a good time...

SHHHHHHHHHH!

FUJI

Archived