Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

You have to crack eggs to make an omelette! ;)

I agree with fooj - that is the shot of a lifetime.

And that is why I don't belong to a camera club.  When the so called judges see a good grab shot like that, they'll make up any puerile excuse to denigrate it.

I have a camera club judge as Photographer pal…..we go on shoots together quite often

He slated one of my Street pics recently

This week it was chosen by our Local Arts Festival to be on display in town….

FUJI  

18 hours ago, FUJI said:

I have a camera club judge as Photographer pal…..we go on shoots together quite often

He slated one of my Street pics recently

This week it was chosen by our Local Arts Festival to be on display in town….

FUJI  

Exactly Fuji.  If I had a photograph slated by a camera club judge, I would know it was above average.

I rarely enter competitions nowadays, as all the judges seem to have qualified about half a century ago and have never seemed to change their style or knowledge since.

However, as my camera club manages with Zoom nowadays, I thought I ought to support it, so entered this in the competition, then wished I hadn't bothered!

My other camera club has lost over half of its members due to lockdown and not coping with Zoom and is now down to fewer than 20 members.  Sadly, they seem to be doing the same as the judges, being stuck in the 1970s and not embracing change :(
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words - your taste if obviously a lot better than NEMPH judges! :)  lol

• Like 2

I   must admit that  I have never   entered  photo competitions... Two reasons probably... one  because I've  never  ever  thought  about it and secondly  because I take photographs and process them  just to satisfy my need to capture something I just like the look of usually, in  a pleasing or interesting or different  manner .  If anyone else  likes  a photo of mine, It feels like  a very nice bonus in that    it may convey a little of what made me like  it  to another  person   and it is   a nice feeling to share something that  causes some kind of emotional response, but  selfishly I suppose, I'm really out just to please me when it come to my photography ...   Ooooh .... that doesn't look like a very nice thing to say once it is written down !:unsure:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, VWGolf said:

I rarely enter competitions nowadays, as all the judges seem to have qualified about half a century ago and have never seemed to change their style or knowledge since.

Sounds like Sixtus Beckmesser (Die Meistersinger von Nürnburg)

This is the sort of thing I'd expect my Bilbo Baggins Cat to do - but he now doesn't ever jump up onto anything in the kitchen (self taught) and only jumps onto the windows sills or the printer located on a table by the front window so he can survey "his" street...

Lovely moment.

Pedants in many photo comps would clone out the other eggs!

Paul.