Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sunset surf and solitude...

Clicker

I am trying to be ruthless in culling folders of archived  images and i am constantly finding ones that  I haven't processed ..  This is one from a folder of 300 from 2016 I somehow had misfiled completely and had only  processed a dozen or so ....doh ...

Taken with the Lumix Panasonic FZ1000... at Pendine Sands, Carmarthen, Wales...

933021622_sunsetsurfsolitude20161s.thumb.jpg.5e5128371067938c81472f16527bf3db.jpg

Thanks Colin .. appreciate your comment... having a bit of a clear out is a bit like going on a mystery tour at the moment.... :lol:

Hi Korks ...  yup ... horizontal lines were the deciding factor in catching this image though part  of me ( a teenyweeny part )  was a bit irritated by the slight upward rise of the golden bit of sky... seemed to be beckoning me  to alter it and  then I thought .... No ... you’re getting as bad as that a  Lancastrian lord  lad  with his dobbing things out ......:whistle:

Seriously  though... appreciate your appreciation of the reason I tried to catch the multiple  horizon effect ... 

It wasn't just one image I found Denis, it was the whole folder of 300 or more .... Somehow it had become a subfolder inside a completely unrelated folder that I hadn't opened since a day or so after i'd uploaded them from the camera  in 2016 !!!

Well  I am culling my archives Rye as it's getting ridiculous how many images I have on  three computers and endless additional storage drives...plus extra icloud that i pay for  ....Its a long job ....grrrr

Thanks Van.... I wish it was doing the same for me ...lol

Thanks Gareth ....It must have been a good day as there are a number of keepers I have since found in that file ... Pendine is where The Museum of Speed is that houses the car Babs, the land speed record motor in which J G Parry-Thomas was killed in 1927. The Car had been buried on the beach and was excavated in 1969 and after it was restored was put on display in 1996 in the purpose built museum ...  fascinating to see and worth the visit. 

I think I've been there as a child... many years ago, obviously!  (Family holiday to Saundersfoot- late 1960s or very early 1970s.)

I used to have a glass container with different colour sands arranged to make patterns, that I think came from there.  

Archived