Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Eye News

FUJI

Today, I am both pleased and a bit flat......why?

I saw the eye surgeon this morning, about the serious retina problem in my left eye........it has got worse and requires surgery very soon, he requested I signed a consent form immediately, then sent me for pre op preparation, advice and even deeper scanning......all good news!

Then.......... he and (later) a nurse went into greater detail.......to remove the membrane which has grown over a my retina and seriously affected my vision, he will need to remove the Vitreo ( eye jelly), then, after he has peeled off the membrane ( like removing cling film from a flooor with pliers, without touching the floor is how he described it) , my eye will be filled with gas to keep it inflated.

Post operatively, I will need to spend between 4 to 10 days lying face down without moving much for most of the time.........the final result cannot be guaranteed, the risks to my vision in that eye are great.

This is not fishing for sympathy here, but just to get it off my chest, to rationalise it so to speak, and to share with my forum friends.

I will keep you all informed when I receive a firm date for surgery......after that I will out if photographic and computer action for some time.

FUJI

During my time with the eye surgeon, I mentioned that I had watched the whole procedure on YouTube, I thought he might be a bit negative about this.

No.....he was delighted, and said, that he wished all patients of his would do the same, so they fully understand what is happening and why.........not everyone's. Cup of tea I know.

But......here it is if you don't mind graphic video of a surgeon in action.......I find it fascinating.......of course I will be apprehensive on the day, but who wouldn't be ....

Here you go....

FUJI

Good luck Fuji, my very best wishes for a successful outcome. 

(I think I feel for you more about the 4 - 10 days lying face down, than the op itself... Make sure you have a good radio near you, with a remote to change stations, a computer with remote so you can listen to music and audiobooks, and so on.)

Cheers!

You don't know just how much your kind thoughts mean to me..........yesterday I spent six hours in the hospital, scans, eye tests, drops for pressure testing, pupil dilating drops that make everything go blurred and superbright so sunglasses are a must even indoors, eyes look like cat's in the dark.............twenty minutes with a superb surgeon who explained everything including some very serious risks, I was impressed with the speed he organised then completed the consent and procedure forms(7 at least).....and then sent me for pre op scans and further counselling via an Eye Unit Nursing Sister so I didnt need to make another apppointment......after all of this I went home elated and worried at the same time........your kind thoughts and the support of my family will see me through.

Many folks grumble about our amazing NHS......but guess what.......

......the Eye Unit secretary rang me this morning to confirm my surgery date as .....NEXT THURSDAY at 1:00pm.....that is FANTASTIC NEWS......

Chris, I am making a list if things I need to prepare for my period of pain and, face-down immobility........I will have a single bed downstairs rclose to my TV, radio, iPad and Windows XP TABLET PC......I just need to learn how to work them from a face down posture;-)

I'm not usually fazed by hospitals and surgery ( had lots of it since a kid) but, only thing that REALLY worries me if I'm honest, is the eventual outcome, which is unknown until around six weeks after the procedure........so....Finger's Crossed.

FUJI

• Like 1

Fooj - I know that you know my thoughts will be leaning in your direction next Thursday. I'm sure the outcome will be fine and you'll be back in your rightful position of TIPF sage very soon.

And I know what you mean about the NHS grumblers - my experience of hospital over the last 15 months has been 99% positive. It was mooted in another thread a few days ago that doctors, nurses etc are just doing a paid job, but it's far, far deeper than that. The folk who staff our hospitals - from the senior consultant surgeon down to the laundry staff - are absolute heroes in my book.

If I was the kind of man who believes in a God, I'd say a little prayer for you. But I'm not, so I can't. You'll have to make do with my VERY BEST WISHES  :yes  :yes  :yes

Korky

Edited by Korky

good luck Fooj , i hope it all goes smoothly for you, will be keeping you in my thoughts next thursday and for a speedy recovery and a good result afterwards xxxx 

ps watched the video, my eye aches now lol

Are you having it done at the University Hospital, Fuji?
I can't fault the treatment and care that I had when I had my knee done, and had one of the best surgeons (a Professor of which there are quite a few there now) I couldn't have wished for. I think you will be able to say the same of the surgeon who will perform the op on your eye and everything will go well.
They seem to have done a lot to improve things over the last couple of years and the staff and care are so much better now than they used to be.

In fact, I can safely say that I actually enjoyed my stay in there for the few days that I was in.
I, and another patient also watched the videos on YouTube of the Total Knee replacement, and the surgen was quite enthralled that we had when we told him.
I think it helps an awful lot to put your mind at rest as a lot of the fear of having an op is not knowing what is going to happen and not all surgeons have the time to explain everything in detail.
You will be in very good hands, so I'm sure everything will go well for you and you will soon be back to your photography.
It's a bit hard to concentrate on the forum when you are recovering, but perhaps you could get your son to pop on and let us know how you are.
I hope you won't have to wait too long. I think the waiting feels worse than arriving at the hospital on the day of your op.

Edited by NannyFerret

All my thoughts are with you, sending positive thoughts, hope your back up and running, so to speak, as quickly as possible.  All you can do is trust in the medics and follow the instructions they give. If positive thoughts could guarantee the outcome then you'd be sorted :-)