Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

So unusual ....

Clicker

I  grew some rather unusual  tulips this year  from bulbs that I bought from Holland   and they were called Princess Irene,  a Parrot  variety . On the very day that they opened up in full bloom  in May, we had  the most torrential  rain for less than 10 minutes  but  to my horror it knocked the petals off every one of the 60 bulbs I had grown... except one !   So ... here is an iphone image  of  that one flower that was fully  intact !

I was so  cross  that these beautiful petals  were just  not going to be seen by anyone   that I collected the best  ones off the  ground and arranged them as a collage on a wooden board  and here is the result ... They look as if they are painted   petals and I think they are just beautiful  .... 

tulips princess irene parrot 1.jpg

tulips princess irene 5s.jpg

• Like 4

Well, you think right Polly - they are beautiful.

The artist in you is bubbling to the surface - the arrangement of all the images are pleasing to the eye with the  the penultimate one taking first prize.

So give yourself a pat on the back for turning a disaster into something positive.  An innovative and remarkable set .

• Like 1

Thanks Fogey … it was just a transient moment that ensured that at least all the effort  and energy used  to grow over the six months  since they had been planted last October was not in vain !  Another case of anthropomorphism eh 😂. It seemed to be such a waste  not to record them in some form at least !

Thanks Paul ..... I have had single colour parrot tulips before but these were so different with both their textures and   what seemed like multicoloured brush strokes ... I just  loved  them and had to record them in some way . Hopefully the badgers wont dig them up and eat them  by next year as they decimated one bed  of tulips  this year ... I even caught the beggars on my trail camera. munching their way through  a dozen or so one night in March !!

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...