Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

NIK software

I think it's great to experiment with  the processing aspect of Photography ... I know  some people are very set against it, feeling that  digital images are being manipulated in a way  that  demeans  the art of photography  and that feel every image should be   judged on  how it comes out of the camera as a  consequence of the  photographer's technical skill .

The fact is  film  was always manipulated the past  as well, by  judiciously dodging and burning selected areas on  an image where the contrast, especially in nature where there  is a wide dynamic range of tones,  is not always possible to replicate  or capture on that medium. Ansel Adams was a  great exponent of  the dodge and burn  method of  achieving a great tonal value to his images as was  W Eugene Smith an American  photo journalist . The trick is  not to overdo it ... a case of where  less is more  can often apply ..at least I have found that in  my experience and it is quite a personal choice  as to what you  find most aesthetically pleasing . 

I  often have to do 3 or 4 edits that are just  slightly different  in their   tonal value  and save and compare them  in   a  folder that I keep   just to enable me to see the  differences by toggling back and forth. The other thing I often do is walk away  from it and view it again an hour or so later  to  ensure my first reaction to the image isn't coloured by seeing too many variants  at the same time and  maybe clouding my  judgement .  Cor ... I bet you wished that you hadn't asked now Fogey ...😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had a little play to  with  colour Efex and a little  bit of burning  on the  main hill in the background to bring out  the  undulations as it was a bit flat ... lightened the sky  the merest tad as it seems just a bit dark for the  foreground .. and took the slider back a weeny bit in the Structure option in Vivesa 2   soften the clouds just a little .. I hope you  don't mind me posting my edit Fogey ... it's just an alternative ...😉

original for comparison 

Colorefex.thumb.jpg.345cd9c3ae4ecde4c43af3f68f40a9a7.jpg

My Edit 

fogeys  landscape 3 as.jpg

It may just be the way my eyes work, but all of the processed versions the edges of the clouds make me feel as if I'm seeing double, to the point where the original is the only one I can look at for any length of time without feeling a little queasy.

• 3 weeks later...