Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cokin ND1024 10 Stop Filter

Being back in the Forum (again) I started looking through the Hard Drive(s) at some landscape's I have taken over the years, and loved to get long timed exposures of flowing water, but sometimes struggled to get a "Long Exposure" even with a couple of ND filters on the front, as still only equivalent to ND6 so 3 stops.

So found myself in Youtube and looking at the Cokin ND1024 10 stop filter, and thought wow to some of the images with it, so being the festive time of year, Santa has got me one 🙂 

Cant wait to get some results with it, also as just ordered some Ilford B&W Film for the EOS5 that is alive again,

Hope to get out over the break, if I can with all the restrictions 

Steve 🙂

Glad to hear it, Still love shooting film, unfortunately my EOS5 has issues with the Mode Select Dial, its booked in for a new one in January Next Year, as would not power up, BUT today it burst into life, so Film ordered to throw in her and hope she behaves over Christmas.

Will take the EOS5 with B&W film with me, as like pushing the film, saves on filters lol 🙂

Sounds like you and Ryewolf and are joining JamesT on rediscovering the joys of black and white film photography... James has been an  avid devotee for as long I  remember here on the Forum so I look forward to see the results of this retrospective endeavour  with interest Steve ....

I recently bought a variable 3 to 11 stop filter.  Have been pleasantly surprised.  Makes it so easy to compose a shot and mount the filter. I can set the ISO and aperture then slowly turn the thread until I get the shutter speed I want.  Very little faffing and only one filter to carry. 🙂

32 minutes ago, MattGrey said:

I recently bought a variable 3 to 11 stop filter.  Have been pleasantly surprised.  Makes it so easy to compose a shot and mount the filter. I can set the ISO and aperture then slowly turn the thread until I get the shutter speed I want.  Very little faffing and only one filter to carry. 🙂

Have you got a link for that or a photo?

1 hour ago, stevedevil said:

Only have a few filters, ND 2 & 4, and Gradiant 2 & 4, so can get 1,2 & 3 stops with them altogether so the ND1024 at 10 stops will be fun to have a play with 

I tend to stick to the B/W standards: Yellow, Orange, Red & Green, C/P and an IR720 if I've got IR film (usually only for medium & large formats).

• 1 month later...
On 21/12/2020 at 20:00, Ryewolf said:

Earlier this year I bought a Cokin P Nuances 10-Stops ND1024 Square Filter just in time for the March lockdown. Oddly enough I bought some Kentmere B&W film for my EOS300 a few weeks back.

I have 2 Cokin 100mm Nuances filters and I can honestly say these the best very neutral nd filters I have ever used...no colour cast at all a d with them being glass, the clarity is outstanding.