Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

GETTING VERY , VERY CLOSE

FUJI

I put the thicker of my two extension rings on my tiny vintage DIY Cine camera.....Macro.... lens this afternoon. This meant that my only focus distance was no more than, inch and a half; very close indeed.... so close that to find my subjects whilst manual focusing through the out of focus areas was almost impossible.

But.....once locked on to my subject, it was a matter of getting the camera and viewfinder at the exact spot, to press the shutter at exactly the right moment.

The flies were sheltering from a very strong breeze, so their concentration and reactions were slower than norma....but, even I was amazed at just how close I can get my lens to a PAIR of live flies at the same time.

Absolutely no trickery, they really are live flies seemingly having a quiet chat...

I really enjoy the challenge.

Mind  you, many passer’s by, on our Back Lane do wonder what I’m up to, with my nose extremely close to a brick wall or to a plant for minutes at a time.......it’s that...fun-gi....up to his tricks again. ?

Not bad for a £25 DIY lens.... 

FUJI

67EB80F1-9529-4999-B7CC-E4A54AA68A61.jpeg

76E88891-C56A-40B5-B167-A28B6C6282A0.jpeg

F3210A3F-7A04-4ECD-9E8F-370238B403B1.jpeg

5525D97C-1263-4703-B4E5-58E9923FA9A8.jpeg

B6A0BD36-169C-4239-B362-A0E800AE907B.jpeg

63A0E25D-DEC3-4759-9247-300A62CD8872.jpeg

3 hours ago, Clicker said:

I imagine  searching for the focus must have been really difficult Fooj ... what was the size of your extension tube ?

I don’t know how extension tubes are measured Polly, but they came in a pair, one thicker than the other.... one cm / then 2 cm ? Something like that... these were taken using the thicker one.... so a closer view.

I really must try to focus with both on... but light on subject may prove difficult.

I will see what I can do.

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...

Archived