Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Slice Of Your Life 11/06/18 - 17/06/18

Very much taken with Rye's DCM posts and ideas so last evening I took a trip around the grounds of Korkington Manor and snapped a few wobblies around the Peace Pagoda, the boating lake, the rhubarb gardens, the wallaby compound and the rear of the servants' quarters.

So easy to do - just point, move and click - but not so easy to come up with something that works as an abstract. Give it a wazz, you'll see what I mean.

Here's one that I think does work.......

DCM Leaves

DCM Leaves.jpg

• Like 4

Todays slice of life... Or maybe even a dollop .....

I had a wander around a Medieval Church in Great Mitton

church-great-mitton-7359.jpg

Had a walk along Langden Brook

langden-brook-7374.jpg

Watched a horse in a field

horse-7394.jpg

Tried a DCM (Deliberate Camera Movement)

dcm-7379.jpg

Watched some fish in the river

fish-7403.jpg

And a pheasant hiding - You can't see me, right?????.....

pheasant-4324.jpg

Don't forget to click on the image to see the uncompressed version....

• Like 4

I so want to ring that telephone number plastered all over the billboard behind her...   just to see what it is  Denis ... it must drive you bonkers when you have to spend time just doing nothing waiting for others to get their act together...  I’m watching Russia v Saudi... and surprise surprise ... Russia have scored the first goal of this World Cup !

Well Polly, you can ring it to enquire about a 'wonderful canal side living experience, in a peaceful vehicle free oasis in the heart of the city'

Thats developer talk for a flat next to the old Paddington canal basin bordered by the A5 on one side, the A40 and the main railway in and out of Paddington station. St Mary's Hospital & Paddington Green police Station will add the extra ambience of 24 hour blue lights and sirens!

I only took the photo because I was telling the transport manager that the only good thing about being there was the amount of totty walking past, and he said pictures please! so I was 'whatsapping' suitable contenders to him as they walked past.

I apologise for that rather sexist display of male arrogance ..but I'm old enough to have earned my Lecherous old git badge :)

• Haha 1

From a brief wander around Todmorden...

Some machinery, near the Rochdale Canal, so possibly a slice gate... I'm not an engineer but guessing a handle causes the top screw to rotate causing the cog to move and the smaller cog makes something go up or down...

machinery-7417.jpg

Lock No 19 on the Rochdale Canal...

lock-19-7420.jpg

The old Todmorden Co-op Building

todmorden-co-op7424.jpg

The Polished Knob Pub in Todmorden which always makes me smile when I see it...

polished-knob-7427.jpg

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Denis said:

I like the whole lot Rye, you have a way of displaying industrial artifacts to their best :)

Thanks Denis, I guess that might be because I live in a Northern Industrial Town, James Hargreaves - inventor of the Spinning Jenny - lived 2 miles from where I live, so there are constant reminders of that past industrial age - even if they are now just static reminders like the first image.

33 minutes ago, Clicker said:

could it be Victorian ... ?

Thanks Clicker, possibly, though the Rochdale Canal was built 1794-1804, so maybe a bit pre-Victorian...

I did also take this photo...

machinery-7413.jpg

• Like 3