Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

52 Project 2018 - Important Stuff

Not had a fantastic response to the 52 Project call I put out a few days ago, but we've enough on board to make it a goer. There's still plenty of time to join us if you've a mind.

The project thread will open every Monday morning and there'll the be until the following Sunday to take, process and post one photograph. Any camera, any processing, and (mostly) any subject. There'll be a theme every fourth week and I'm hoping that Ryewolf will choose what it'll be. He hasn't said yes yet!

There is just one major rule: No petrol stations!

Even if you aren't taking part, please feel free to join in with the comments and banter if the mood takes you.

Starting date yet to be decided, but it won't be long.

Korky

• Like 1

The 52 Project will begin on Monday 28th May and Ryewolf is putting together a list of monthly themes that will be posted in this thread. It'll give us all time to think and prepare.

So far, we have

Kobione - Phil - Ryewolf - Korky

At the risk of seeming to beg......... would anyone else like to join in?

Korky

Well, looks like we've got 6...

12 hours ago, OlyMike said:

don't do well with preset themes though.

At least you'll have plenty of time, the other 39 weeks will be Open Images, so post what you want. I had planned to pick the 13 tonight but didn't expect to be working for almost 11 hours....

Count me back in for this it could be the kick up the derriere I need to get me back from my self imposed photography exile.

Also can I throw an idea at you for this challenge.

This idea was sort of inspired by Clickers weekly challenge subject as set this week. As we are about half way through the year why not have each weeks subject set by the letters of alphabet it would see the challenge finish early in December with either a couple of weeks off then hit the ground running for a full 52 challenge for 2019 or you could still add a theme every few weeks to fill the extra couple of week but everyone would be able to plan ahead a little.

Please feel free to bin the idea as appropriate or laugh point and ridicule me.

Nice to be back Simon.

Edited by sr1867
  • Like 2

Simon - Glad to have you on board.

I'll let Ryewolf (Executive Director of Monthly Themes and Proper Big Stuff) deal with your idea - I'm not sure how far he's gone down the themes road.

Buff up yer lenses, Simon - And welcome back from the wilderness! The 52 is due to start on 28th May

Korky

10 hours ago, Korky said:

The 52 is due to start on 28th May

I'd better get those themes chosen - for some reason I had a end of June start date in my head.....

I like the idea of the alphabet theme though I do think X and Z might be tricky - the only word that comes to mind for x is xylophone and who has access to one of those to photograph?

I'll be in it, but as you know from past experience, we are liable to sneak off for a month or two at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I'll be able to post something on the road, but wont always have internet coverage.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'll be in it, but as you know from past experience, we are liable to sneak off for a month or two at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I'll be able to post something on the road, but wont always have internet coverage.

Starts next Monday, Brian - Rye is going to kick it off.

Korky

It was only once a month that we had a theme before ...and to be honest ... I think it  can make it a tad more restrictive ( for me anyway) if it gets too specific... Broad based themes are maybe  best  ...like   " Made me smile" or "  Food for thought "  or" Where does this lead to " Anyway   just hurling a few ideas in there

I would have loved to have joined in again this year but some circumstances  have made it  difficult for the time being to commit to something long term ...that's the only reason I haven't signed up Korks. .

Yeah It worked fine last year.... ...  When Rye said alphabetical  themes and mentioned X and Z ,I thought he must have been considering every week using an Alphabet letter !  It'll take 4 years before he needs to worry about that ...
:D

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

I would have loved to have joined in again this year but some circumstances  have made it  difficult

Are you sure? Are you really, really sure? One teensy-weensy pic a week! BP's in, Brian's in, Phil's in, Kobi's in, Mike's in, Rye's in, Simon's in and Michael's in.

We'll all be out having fun while you stay at home watching daytime TV looking proper fed up and wishing you'd come out to play.

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.

Go on!

Korky

• Haha 1

Yes, they have to be taken that week between Monday and Sunday, I'm going to choose some fairly open themes that shouldn't be much of a problem and they'll be posted in advance so they won't suddenly come as a surprise.

Forgot to mention the themes will only be every 4th week,.

Korks will be delighted ... good on ya Cheryl.
:thumbsup:

I may join in later in the year... Just can't at this precise moment.. but you will enjoy it ...the discipline is really good to make you carry your camera with you everywhere as the OADED  challenge did ... I still do that...

• Thanks 1