Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Icelandic waterfalls & rocks

Stravinsky

Heres the most recent shots I got around to processing from last October!

Thats what happens when you go on holiday and take over 600 shots

I'm doing the West Coast of the States & Yosemite later in the year, so that will probably take me until 2019 to get through :1_grinning:

Seljalandsfossshopimage432A2168.jpg

Church432A2436website.jpg

Godafosscrop432A2426website.jpg

Trolls432A2492Website.jpg

Thanks - It was an afterthought to process that first one, I've been using a landscape version of it which I thought was the best of the lot, but I also much prefer this one.

Godafoss (the third one) was actually a more impressive waterfall, but its was much more difficult to take .. I couldnt get down to a lower level

I just think the composition for number 1 is excellent. The falls as the main attraction are very nice and the slope of the headland leads the eye to the distant hills.  The spray looks great. The clouds add drama.  Lovely colours and tones.  ?

Yup ....the first is really nice.

I do love landscapes that look great in portrait mode...this one  works brilliantly. An excellent set .. I'd quite like  to know where the places  are in Iceland  too 

Beautiful set! I especially like the ruggedness of #3. Sometimes, the more difficult the shot is to get; the more rewarding. But only sometimes!

Can I carry your gear for you when you go to Yesomite?

Thanks

@Brian - My pleasure :1_grinning:

@Clicker 

Seljalandsfoss to the South of the Island

Church on the Northern Peninsular on the way to Dalvik

Godafoss on the north of the Island

The last one is Londrangar on the Western Snaefellsnes peninsular.  Also known as the trolls because the right hand standing rock has a face on it and the trolls were supposed to have solidified when fighting

Thanks for the info  Strav...it always makes for  interesting reading  knowing a bit more about the images one posts. It looks a great place to visit ... not somewhere one automatically considers when thinking of a break ... that has whetted my appetite though ...

lol, I know another forum where they have done a week trip to Iceland....... getting there is fairly easy, by plane, it's all the incidental stuff like arranging transport/hotels and getting around is the problem and knowing where to go and what sorta transport you'd need.... as some of these places are usually difficult to reach at certain times of the year..

I'd certainly be up for it though......

Archived