Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello from South Yorkshire

kcbrecks

Hello to you all. The quality of the images I have seen on this forum is amazing so I look forward to learning a lot from viewing them from now on.

My main interest is outdoor images which help keep a record of the wonderful places we have been around this country and elsewhere. I have dabbled with intimate pictures of the private parts of tiny flowers in the past using reversed prime lenses from old film cameras - (my limited finances tend to be used for essential items rather than more equipment, like eating, drinking and the other mundane matters). The results pleased me so perhaps I will pop some on here if anyone is interested.

Over the last few years I have spent several weeks in the centre of Edinburgh looking after grandkids and a dog since our son and his family moved there for his work. There have been many happy hours wandering around with a camera and the ultimate 'babe magnet' - Henry, a gorgeous working cocker spaniel - it is amazing how many young women stop and ask to stroke him, usually Chinese. We have also been to Queensfery, north and south, to see the various bridges and the new one developing. Eventually I will have a sequence of the Queensferry Crossing at intervals from start to finish. The images below was taken at the beginning of November 2016 the show (from left to right) the gap at the South End, a long shot of the 3 bridges from Hopetoun, the gap at the North Side.

It was suggested in the Scotsman last year there would be a 14" gap in the middle due to ordering errors and the cost of filling it was huge due to contractual matters so they were contemplating how much of a run up would be needed for vehicles to get up to speed to leap over it. This was, of course, in the issue of the morning of 1st April. (Also my sons birthday).

Thanks to the Administrators for letting me join you and I look forward to sharing our views of the world together.

QF QC 1.jpg

QF QC 6.jpg

QF QC 2.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Kc 

Welcome aboard 

Ive used reverse 50mm lens on my 100 macro fun isnt it There are a few on here into macro 
If you are ever stuck with any aspect of imagery just ask we have a wealth of experts / harmless loons on here just willing to help

You will soon give up that habit of eating and start on the essentials of life like lens and filters and all manor of gadgets that cost the earth and are rarely used

Happy shooting  

Welcome to the Forum KC... ...AND ... you're in Yorkshire too ...  great  start...as that is not a handicap on this forum, :10_wink: though t'other colour rose lovers might disagree:whistle: I visited Queensferry last year  so it's good to see the progress. ... Look forward  to seeing you pics and chatting  about owt interesting ... glad you have joined us ..

Hello, KC, welcome to TIPF.

Don't be shy, just jump in and post images, post comment and join in any banter you fancy. And...

If you feel you'd like to take part in a new 52 Project (one image every week for 52 weeks) look out for the info that'll be appearing in the next few days.

Korky

Thanks for the greetings.

Fuzzyedges - sadly the house accountant holds the purse strings and a good thing to as I do tend to be capable of the odd expensive purchase no and then. At the moment I am fancying a 5D, the original one, as they are quite reasonably priced. Unfortunately her indoors fancied a bigger TV so the 5D will have to wait.

Clicker - always up for a chat about anything interesting, depends on what is interesting,

Korky - being shy is well behind me. I have thought of taking on a Project 52 before so I will have a look at what this forum does for one and see if I can join in.

Denis - the dark side of the M25, now which would that be, outside or inside. Seriously though I once had a visitor coming up from Newbury and rang his secretary to tell her where I had booked him in and she said, 'No need for that, he will make 9am easily as it can't be that far north of Watford'.

• Like 2

Hi Richard,

I know Harthill very well, or perhaps I should say I know the reservoirs very well. My daughter and I often go for a walk around there, in reasonable weather of course. Her husband and younger son are both keen fishermen and have been known to dangle a worm or two there. I had a hunt through the archive and have to confess to being very lax and not cataloging any of the pictures I have but I did find a few so here is one from 17th July 2015

It was a windy evening and some where pushing the limits.

IMG_9920a.JPG

• 3 weeks later...