Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Another 52 Project?

Korky

Next week will be the last week of The 52 Project and I wondered if anyone has any ideas or comments as to whether we start a new challenge or just let it fizzle out into the ether.

I'm happy to carry on, but I'd like it to be a little more structured (something I got some criticism for last time - but my two main critics have long since departed the forum so I'm not too worried on that score) and I'd like to have one week every month where one of our flock chooses a theme for the week.

Also, I'm happy to keep joining open for the first month, but after that, if yer in yer in and if yer not....... It just seems pointless to me to join a 52 project at week 34 or whatever and I'm pretty sure that all the late converts dropped out anyways. It might be worthwhile to give four weeks notice that the project will commence (bump it a few times, perhaps) and then once it starts, it's closed.

Other than that, I'm happy to keep things as they are and start the thread every Tuesday morning - it'll then be left open until close of play the following Monday.

Don't hold back, let me know your thoughts. I'm very flexible. No bees, no bonnets, no nowt.

Would it be possible to use the FB group in some way? Just a thought.

Korky

I was one of those late starters that dropped out, but, there were some pretty good personal reasons for doing so in respect of life outside of the forum. :1_grinning: 

These issues are still keeping me away from photography as much as I would like but I do like the idea of a 52.  

I would certainly not be critical over anyone organising such a project.  

Yes, I'd be up for a new project. One suggestion - could there be a (short) break between the two projects (unless you're absolutely wedded to the calendar...)? That could be used for a thread where you pick a selection of shots from the first project, so we can see them again...

A great idea, Chris - I'm more than happy to do a 'best of' and let it run for a couple of weeks - we've had some great photographs and it'd be a pity just to forget 'em. Maybe we could use that time to allow people to take the Project Shilling and then, once the recruiting sergeant has done the rounds, we can set off on The 52 Project 2017.

Korky

I would be very happy to continue in another 52 project, even though I haven't been out and about quite as much as I'd like to recently - as long as the others in the project don't mind, if I'm a bit stuck, that they get another view of the clouds from the back door, or another lizard etc!

10 hours ago, Kobione said:

I would be very happy to continue in another 52 project, even though I haven't been out and about quite as much as I'd like to recently - as long as the others in the project don't mind, if I'm a bit stuck, that they get another view of the clouds from the back door, or another lizard etc!

Listen, if we can tolerate 365 shots of a BP garage, the odd lizard will pose no challenge whatever!

That's a done deal, boys and girls.

I propose to start the new project on Tuesday 31st January and meanwhile we'll finish the current job and have a 'best of' as Chris suggests. I'll also give it a little publicity and attempt to attract some new recruits. Perhaps Polly will be back with us by then.

Any ideas for how we do 'Best of 52 - 2016'?

Korky

Hi  lovely peeps ... I  loved this project but  sadly  have had some family health  issues that have demanded  my attention lately and  my commitment  to posting on the one a day challenge and the 52 project was  compromised  towards the end of the year .  A break sounds like  a good idea and I  will know  in a few weeks if I will be able to do the 52 project as  well as the one a day challenge  again ... I hope so... meanwhile ... well done  you lot ... it was a tough challenge doing both    but I learned a  lot from it . so .... here's to another bash at  it !;):1312_thumbsup_tone3:

I'm so glad there's enough interest to carry on for a second project - I'll organise  / publicise the new 52P in mid January. I'll put it on Facebook, too.

And I'll liaise with the boss as to how we do a 'best of'.

Korky

2 hours ago, Korky said:

I'm so glad there's enough interest to carry on for a second project - I'll organise  / publicise the new 52P in mid January. I'll put it on Facebook, too.

And I'll liaise with the boss as to how we do a 'best of'.

Korky

One way we might do it is to start a "Best of 2016 52 Project", then we could each go through the 52 topics at leisure and pick our favourite 3, or 5, or 7 or whatever, from our own submissions for the individual weeks, and post those to the "Best Of"? But there may be other, better ways.

23 hours ago, ChrisLumix said:

One way we might do it is to start a "Best of 2016 52 Project", then we could each go through the 52 topics at leisure and pick our favourite 3, or 5, or 7 or whatever, from our own submissions for the individual weeks, and post those to the "Best Of"? But there may be other, better ways.

I'm happy to do that, Chris. Once week 52 is done and dusted I'll set up the thread and then I'll promote the new 52 Project until we begin at the end of this month.

Korky

Archived