Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Cobb, Lyme Regis.

WOW! Bill, 

'I I know that Cobb very well, Lyme-Regis was one of our favourite holiday destinations, I have sat sketching and painting in the immediate area.

Here you have done your usual.......Wait for the right moment......trick.......You must sit for hours studying the light and conditions, in complete contrast to my quick-fire Street technique.

I find this shot to have more than a visual impact, it instills the very sense of wet stones, the wind and tide........Inspirational!

FUJI

On 8/19/2016 at 03:25, Denis said:

Envy is a feeling I'm very familiar with!

I have said it before and shall say it again, i would give my right arm to be able to take a photograph like that (well, almost :) )

Denis said it all. I'd give his right arm too........and I'm also filled with envy.  With a nice frame, it would make a beautiful print. Love your work, Bill.

Now Bill .....whilst I have nothing but admiration for your work  I suspect if your Missus sees this she will be worrying just  wee bit that  you  were a bit close  for comfort to some of those waves ...on  slippery  wet  stone ...... Patience is one thing  .... but just you be flippin' careful  out there in your  quest  for the perfect moment  to click;)

I  did comment a little  bit with tongue in cheek about the safety aspect of the  execution of this  really  excellent image from Bill  but having heard on the news of a number of fatalities this week of people   who sadly  did not respect the power and  capricious nature   of the  ocean, I   just  want people to stay safe ...  though  I  know how tempting it  is as an image maker  it  is  to get that special awesome moment ... As Phil said in an earlier post this week ...let's just be careful out there ....:thumbsu:

35 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I  did comment a little  bit with tongue in cheek about the safety aspect of the  execution of this  really  excellent image from Bill  but having heard on the news of a number of fatalities this week of people   who sadly  did not respect the power and  capricious nature   of the  ocean, I   just  want people to stay safe ...  though  I  know how tempting it  is as an image maker  it  is  to get that special awesome moment ... As Phil said in an earlier post this week ...let's just be careful out there ....:thumbsu:

I quite agree; the deaths are tragic and too many photographer do take risks to "get the shot" At no time was I in danger on this occasion or indeed on any other. Thanks for making the point.

All very sensible advice.....it's not that manyyears sincr our Beepee had his camera, lens and tripod ruined by a large wave, I think he was ore try lucky too.....he will probably describe what it was like if we ask him nicely?

FUJI

It's not just oceans that are dangerous, The Strid near Bolton Abbey is said to be the most dangerous strecth of water in the the world as it has a 100% fataility rate due to a combination of fast currents and under water rocks, but looks very innocuous just looking at it..

Archived