Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The weekly challenge # 57 - 'Pub Names' - Voting Closed

Poll - Weekly Challenge 'Pub Names'   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favourite 'Pub Name'

• Korky's 'Manky Pump'
    • OlympusPauls's 'TJ's Bar in Worcester'
    • CanonChrissy's 'The Black Sheep'
    • Kev7D's 'Frankenstein Pub'
    • Clicker's 'The Blue Lion East Witton'
    • Ryewolf's 'The Dirty Duck'

Voting is now closed in this poll

The weekly challenge # 57 - 'Pub Names'

I thought this might be a bit of fun. You can either design a pub signpost, with images depicting the name of the pub, or do a montage, triptych , or just one image for example, such as The Dog & Duck or The Swan etc etc etc.......

Entries accepted till midnight Friday 5 Aug, voting from 6 Aug - 12 Aug

Have fun and enjoy

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Korky said:

Driving through Goole a few days ago I spotted this lovely boozer set between the abattoir and Twinkles Lap Dancing Bar. I called in for a jar and a pickled egg and on my exit I whipped out the digi zoom and snapped this pic of the pub sign.

I'm so glad I did, it's come in proper handy.

Korky

I've struggled all day with a come-back, might just have to give you this one :thumbup:

D'ya'know..... it's taken me  a whole day to understand this pic from Korky ... Up till this very second i read it as" Brace thisen owd COOKER !!
It's late and I'm sat all alone in front of the machine  but I've just laughed out so loud when the penny dropped that I've woken  up Mr Clicker in the West Wing !! :laughing: Understandably... his sense of humour is still comatose ...:sleep:

A brief explanation........

The sign is a little p-take aimed at Phil for his petrol station pics. The clues are the name, the picture and the words 'high octane'.

'Brace thisen' (brace yourself) is foreplay used by Yorkshiremen.

'Owd Cocker' is a term of endearment.

'Brace thisen owd cocker' is supposed to refer to the strength of the high octane beer brewed by Hunters (Phil's surname).

Hunter's Brewery doesn't exist. However....

Twinkles Lap Dancing Bar does exist and Phil normally goes there on a Tuesday evening after he's watched Emmerdale.

Hope this helps, but if a joke has to be explained it loses its impact and normally falls on its arse.

I'll stick to photos of porridge in future :whistle:

Korky

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I would love to accept the late entries but we really need to stick by the rules. Thanks for posting them anyway. It's been fun to see them all.

Rules is Rules.

This may sound like sour grapes, but I don't see the point of closing entry to the comp. so long before setting up and starting the voting.

I didn't set the rules Brian, sorry. However, had I not been at work today, I would have had time to set the poll this morning. It will have to be later this evening (unless a moderator wants to do it for me), as I am out to a BBQ straight after work. If you and Kobione want to PM Phil, and he is happy for your entries to be included, I will happily include them. Just let me know.

1 hour ago, CanonChrissy said:

I didn't set the rules Brian, sorry. However, had I not been at work today, I would have had time to set the poll this morning. It will have to be later this evening (unless a moderator wants to do it for me), as I am out to a BBQ straight after work. If you and Kobione want to PM Phil, and he is happy for your entries to be included, I will happily include them. Just let me know.

Don't worry Chrissie. Have a nice evening.

Edited by Brian

I'll assume this one goes to me and I'll set up a new compo.

Phil - If you read this, please put up the sunset from James (last week's winner) it deserves a bit of exposure and mine was just a bit of fun. Ta!

Korky