Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

10 things we didn't know about you?

Phoenix

OK, we do well to welcome new members, but there is no opportunity for new members to know anything about us. 

So to all of you:

Firstly tell us where you live (if you don't want to be specific give the area)

Secondly give us 10 things about you that we don't know.....

My name is Jen (not Phoenix), and I live in North East Victoria, in Australia, near a little place called Swanpool

1. I shoot with a Canon 7D
  2. I like to shoot street/ photojournalism/ some macro/ and travel
  3. I particularly like monochrome work
  4. I have just retired from 35 years of nursing
  5. I recently completed my pool lifeguard course so that I can get some summer casual work
  6. I am still trying to make friends with Lightroom
  7. I have 2 mad cats and have just lost my beautiful border collie (:PLEURE:)
  8. I am going to our APS (Australian Photographic Society) conference in Tweed Heads in October
  9. I did an 'Ansel Adams' workshop in Yosemite in April - it was AMAZING
  10. I bought hubby a camera so that he can now share this hobby, and he is now a better photographer than me 

Your Turn............

1) I yearn to travel through South America and sail up the Amazon

2) My son was a child star

3) I ride a bike 

4) I drive a sports car

5) I speak a little Spanish

6) I'm too critical of mymy own photographyphotography

7) I have been married since 1981

8) My daughter is a nurse

9) I crave cheese especially brie!

10) My names Christine and I'm an alcoholic............Well, I love my wine maybe not yet an alcoholic lol

I'm Kate from Bath, England.

1. Painting in oils and drawing in pastels are my great passions.

2. I mainly take photos to paint from (see no 1)

3. I have a husband and two cats, and I don't know which are the most trouble!

4. I survived domestic abuse in a previous relationship and have come out much stronger because of it.

5. I have fibromyalgia, so am usually knackered and in pain :(

6. I have one daughter, who lives in Ross-on-Wye.

7. I love Wales, and often go there for midweek breaks - particularly the Gower peninsula and the Brecon Beacons.

8. I'm semi-retired, but keep busy looking after my Dad.

9. I spend far too much time on the computer!

10. I love doing jigsaw puzzles.

1. I have taken snapshots (though I call them photos) for 40+ years

2. I am currently trying one new restaurant a fortnight

3. My first proper camera was a Zorki 4 (Russian imitation of  a Leica IIIb)

4. I love France, but also Europe generally 

5. I hate the Tories with a total and utter passion

6. I would love to do street photography but would have to do it 'on the sly' (don't have the nerve to ask!)

7. I love curry. And chocolate. And good food generally. And curry. Did I mention chocolate? (Real choc, not American or Cadburys)

8. In my head I am really gifted, a renaissance man. Outside my head I am Mr Pooter.

9. I love all kinds of popular music, but especially 1967 - 1984

10. I have never been in any kind of aircraft

1/  I have been a keen photographer for many years although only took it up seriously since retirement three years ago.

2/ I have two sons and three grandchildren, my oldest grandson is 18.

3/  My wife and I love travel and over the years have been to many places all over the world, my favourite place being Australia, I have been lucky enough to dive on the Great Barrier Reef twice.

4/ Currently I am on a diet and already lost almost two stone.

5/  I am now a Semi - Pro (in a very small way)  photographer having sold quite a few images and winning an all expenses paid trip to Paris. I also do a lot of work for the Scouts in my area.

6/  Love all types of gadgets and I can spend lots of time in Maplins.

7/  I am chairman of my local camera club and love all club competitions.

8/  I hate Football and wish it was on just one dedicated TV station.

9/  I do not smoke but do enjoy the odd tipple or three.

10/  I like wildlife and close up photography but I have a go at most subjects..

Edited by JHFoto
update

Nothing exciting here...

1) I have ALWAYS owned Canon DSLR's (though I have had also owned an Olympus Camedia decades ago!)

2) We have had 4 cats, Bandit who was an awesome cat, Sooty (died young, took in as a rescue cat but he had terminal feline leukaemia so the rescue centre took him back) and then for 15 years, Tipsy, who recently left us. We now have Bilbo (who you may have met on the forums already) who is totally bonkers, as all 12 week old kittens are.

3) I am a supporter of Everton Football Club and Wigan Warriors rugby club.

4) I have been married 30 years and have 1 daughter.

5) My evenings are spent online playing 1st person shooters - currently Battlefield Hardline, as a member of the Tin Of Squad (Phil...)

6) I use the Adobe CC package - believe me - the legal way is so satisfying to own editing software.

7) I have 2 phobias, one of which his heights, the other is a secret!

8) I really enjoy watching 3D blu-rays movies at home on my TV.

9) Shockingly perhaps, I have met and spoken to both convicted criminals Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris (but only in passing) but this was 40 years and 25 years ago!

10) My claim to fame is having 4 photos on the TV Weather programmes on ITV.

Paul.

Edited by Paul

My 10:

1. My full name is Ron Laden, you may have heard of my brother Bin, I was born and dragged up in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire.

2. My partner is Barbara a Surrey girl and she speaks proper but I dont apparently I have been reminded constantly for the last 37 years we have been together that I dont pronounce my H,s so Hull becomes Ull, Help becomes Elp, Hard becomes Ard, you get the idea. 

3. We have 4 children, 11 grand children and 2 great grand children its great except at Christmas when a pound each at the pound shop adds up to a lot of money on pressies.

4. We live in a village in North Devon and its very nice though I prefer Cornwall.

5. I am an Engineer, started when I left school at 15, should have retired in May but decided to work on to the end of the year, I finish at Christmas 2015, cant wait Yippee.

6. I have two cameras a Sony A58 and a Fuji SL1000, good cameras and probably a lot better than me who operates them. 

7. My photographic leaning is wildlife and nature, though I dabble in other things but not very well.

8. My other interests are Coarse Fishing, Model Railway, Cooking, Reading, Music, favourite band Green Day.

9. My cravings are Cheese - anything blue, real ale and good red wine, according to the government guide lines I drink too much but I do like an ale or two and a red wine or three.

10, On a more serious note my biggest regret is not really knowing my father, he died when I was 23 and all I can remember of my father is him working night shifts. He would come home as I went out to school/work. There were Sundays his day off but for some reason nothing seemed to make up for the weekdays when I missed him.

Ron

Nothing exciting here...

1) I have ALWAYS owned Canon DSLR's (though I have had also owned an Olympus Camedia decades ago!)

2) We have had 4 cats, Bandit who was an awesome cat, Sooty (died young, took in as a rescue cat but he had terminal feline leukaemia so the rescue centre took him back) and then for 15 years, Tipsy, who recently left us. We now have Bilbo (who you may have met on the forums already) who is totally bonkers, as all 12 week old kittens are.

3) I am a supporter of Everton Football Club and Wigan Warriors rugby club.

4) I have been married 30 years and have 1 daughter.

5) My evenings are spent online playing 1st person shooters - currently Battlefield Hardline, as a member of the Tin Of Squad (Phil...)

6) I use the Adobe CC package - believe me - the legal way is so satisfying to own editing software.

7) I have 2 phobias, one of which his heights, the other is a secret!

8) I really enjoy watching 3D blu-rays movies at home on my TV.

9) Shockingly perhaps, I have met and spoken to both convicted criminals Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris (but only in passing) but this was 40 years and 25 years ago!

10) My claim to fame is having 4 photos on the TV Weather programmes on ITV.

Paul.

i misread about blue ray movies.....I didn't see the ray.......

Enjoying reading about everyone

Edited by CanonChrissy

1) I am Denis even in real life :)

2) I still dont know how to take a decent picture after five years. All the ones I post here are accidents that happen to be presentable!

3) I love Blues and Rythm and blues (thats the old style, not today's R'n'B)

4) I have Dyscalculia, I dont understand or am able to process simple mathematics. (this is why I cant take a photograph straight off, as I get muddled by f stops and shutter speeds)

5) Former long distance and European truck driver

6) I actually do love my Cat!, I will miss him sorely when his time comes!

7) Hate Curry and chilli

8) Have owned 63 cars and 23 motorcycles

9) Love flying although not a qualified pilot, but do fly a friends aircraft under supervision on a regular basis.

10) Said no to a flight in a second world war Bomber...only for it to crash at Biggin Hill airshow killing all on board!

I think you all know I'm Robin in the real world so......

1. I listen to Radio 2 though the week and Classic FM at weekends - on a wireless not a radio.
2. While I've used and been a massive fan of Nikon cameras for years I have owned dozens of other brands - even a Canon or two.
3. I'm a borderline sociopath not being able to show empathy or share sympathy - not that it bothers me as I don't care though it worries the wife.
4. I'm 42 - not young any more and not really old yet.
5. I love red wine - my dream is to win the Lotto, tour the vineyards of the world coming home to a massive cellar full of fabulous bottles. 
6. My wife Anglea was my first true love and we've been married now for 15 years - I'm rather proud of our traditional meeting/marrying/babying/staying togethering.
7. I am a proper gadget freak - but - I expect stuff to work and hate having to fiddle. If stuff needs farting on with or tweaking to get the best from I lose all interest.
8. Angela and I lived in Cumbria (in a village called Great Broughton) on the edge of the Lake District for several years - it broke my heart coming back to the North East but have to agree life is easier with people and 'stuff' close to hand.
9. Given the chance I'd buy a house in rural France - with a couple of gites to make enough money to live on I'd happily retire and not miss the UK
10. I don't actually like kids - mine I tolerate but a little bit of me still thinks they're annoying.

Edited by Black Pearl

I think you all know I'm Robin in the real world so......

1. I listen to Radio 2 though the week and Classic FM at weekends - on a wireless not a radio.
2. While I've used and been a massive fan of Nikon cameras for years I have owned dozens of other brands - even a Canon or two.
3. I'm a borderline sociopath not being able to show empathy or share sympathy - not that it bothers me as I don't care though it worries the wife.
4. I'm 42 - not young any more and not really old yet.
5. I love red wine - my dream is to win the Lotto, tour the vineyards of the world coming home to a massive cellar full of fabulous bottles. 
6. My wife Anglea was my first true love and we've been married now for 15 years - I'm rather proud of our traditional meeting/marrying/babying/staying togethering.
7. I am a proper gadget freak - but - I expect stuff to work and hate having to fiddle. If stuff needs farting on with or tweaking to get the best from I lose all interest.
8. Angela and I lived in Cumbria (in a village called Great Broughton) on the edge of the Lake District for several years - it broke my heart coming back to the North East but have to agree life is easier with people and 'stuff' close to hand.
9. Given the chance I'd buy a house in rural France - with a couple of gites to make enough money to live on I'd happily retire and not miss the UK
10. I don't actually like kids - mine I tolerate but a little bit of me still thinks they're annoying.

me and hubby did the traditional married babies straying togethrr thing too. Fab innit?

Leon, from Westhoughton

I'm 39 with 3 kids. Megan 14, Amber 12 and Ellis 9.

been with my lovely misses for 17 years, known her since school!

mad on cars!

used to be a very keen Mountain biker.

Hopefully will get the chance to move to the coast one day, somewhere near Croyde would be nice.

My step father was Egyptian, I love Cairo..

one day I really want to travel, jungles, beaches and Iceland.

if I ever won the Lottery, I would open a holiday place where under privileged families and families with disabled kids could get a holiday for free!!

my 1st and 2nd car was a MINI... proper BL mini's!

I once did a blind drive round a race track for guide dogs (my mother in law lost her sight at 18 due to RP.

can I have 11?   I HATE ALL APPLE PRODUCTS!!!!! with a passion (except the ones you eat, I like them, especially in CIDER!

1 - I don't own a DSLR, I just don't see the point any more.

2 - My favourite album of ALL time is Joni Mitchell's 'Blue'. A work of genius.

3 - After 43 years of marriage, Mrs K and I are still best mates, though she still thinks I'm a bit weird.

4 - Our two grandsons - Jonathan and Owen - were born in Yorkshire. Bloody Yorkshire!

5 - I'm currently watching Breaking Bad for the third time. Another work of genius.

6 - I used to be a prolific writer of comic poems and monologues and funny stuff in general. These days I can't be bothered. 

7 - Mrs K and I have tramped the hills and moors and lanes for the last 26 years. Where we go, our boots go and we've walked in Austria, Germany, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovenia, California, Malta, Cyprus and all of the UK (including Yorkshire).

8 - Our care home is called Sunnyside Meadows and my partner in crime here is Tommy Baskin. Tommy is an ex RSM and keeps a boa constrictor called Ivor.

9 - If I could put the clock back 50 years I'd learn a musical instrument (fiddle probably) and take a creative writing course. Not doing those things are my two biggest regrets.

10 - Sometimes, I make things up.

Korky

OK, i'm seeing some trends, what a fabulous bunch we are...

• most of us are traditionalists (marriage, babies, longevity)
  • some of us have (and love) cats
  • some of us ride bikes
  • most of us think that other people take better pictures than we do
  • some of us have 'odd' hobbies/ friends/ habits
  • some of us have partners that think we are a bit 'weird'

Hoping a couple more might join in....

and a message for Paul, all us Aussies used to (I say loudly-  USED TO) love Rolf Harris... creepy how things change)

• Like 1

This seems difficult!

1. I'm a big gaming nerd

2. Until about 4 years ago I suffered really badly from anxiety.

3. Only last week have I started watching the Star Wars movies for the first time ever (in order of when they were made)

4. I am currently learning to play electric guitar

5. I love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

6. I have a dream to start up my own business with something that I made myself (beer brewery, cosmetics, anything)

7. Myself and my girlfriend are both arty farts and want to make our own studio together called Fox & the Bear (www.foxandthebear.co.uk)

8. I hate claustrophobia

9. I'll be 26 years young in December.

10. I want to live in Hobbiton

Ten things you don't know about me hmmmm

1) I wrote some of the software that controls the generators on the Airbus A320 aircraft

2) I used to be a second hand car salesman (are you scared of flying now?)

3) I first met my wife when I was 16  & she was 14.

4) We met for the second time two years later and started dating. 7 years later we married

5) we have now been married 25 years

6) we have 1 son

7) we have a rescue dog called Arnie

8) I own a 1976 Mercedes 350sl ( a present from my wife)

9) I'm a member of Mensa 

10) I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue

make of that lot what you will lol

H'mmm......... where do I start......

1. I'm a 'Possie" - born a Pom, raised an Aussie, and live near Wedderburn towards North West Victoria.

2. This is my 27th home, (19 by the time I turned 21), so I've been around a bit, but we love our 40acre space and peace here.

3. Heading for our 50th wedding anniversary next year and we have worked either together or in the same departments for all of our lives together.

4. I'm now a fitness instructor for older aged persons - just started my 10th year of this - and lead Tai Chi, strength training and exercise to music sessions. Significant other careers - police, prisons and taxi driving- We are 'survivors'!!

5. Love animals, be it dogs, cats horses, goats or the wildlife we get - 'roos, wallabies, lizards etc. The animals we have had, and now do are 'family members' not just pets, and Kandy, Kelly & Brodie certainly give us reason to do things, unconditional love and heaps of fun.

6. Got my first camera when we headed back to UK in 1960, but have never really been in to the techno stuff - I just like to have fun. Love the digital era - have a Panasonic TZ60, which goes everywhere with me, and enjoying the new Nikon P900. Not good at portraits, and most of my pictures are taken around home.

7. Other hobbies for me are gardening, walking the girls and family history research - which some of you would know the reason why because of my blog.

8. Love any 'high country'. just the sight of mountains makes me feel great!!

9. Don't care what our house is like as long as it suits, and is comfortable for us and the pets. If a visitor doesn't like it - stiff - don't be a friend!!!

10. Favourite movies for a 'turn off' - all the Harry potters and all the lord of the Rings - and yes, James Webber - I've been to Hobbiton, but didn't get a chance to take pictures!!

There you go, - sorry if it's a but 'wordy' but I'm a writer too! :D  :D