Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Red Squirrel

I was inspired by Rywolf's trip to Formby Point

This is the first time I've seen a Red Squirrel in the flesh, let alone photograph one.

Scattering food down didn't work as the birds made very short shrift of that idea - So a-stalkin'-I -did-go and this popped out..........

1736602144_Squirrelpeep.thumb.jpg.d40e0333a83a1e881671b4d8de87dbd5.jpg

Followed by..................

259107713_RedSquirreltree.thumb.jpg.568127448121efd188f470a748299e19.jpg

1829165734_Squirrel3.thumb.jpg.97c2dd37e47fa0ba19711bd691e9f259.jpg

1860838696_SquirrelFeeding.thumb.jpg.abb2c1c33d5c856225065c231b65c68d.jpg

Edited by Fogey
  • Like 3

Thank you.  

The first was a real grab shot which I was lucky to get away with. 

Sadly, I only saw the one squirrel and that one disappeared when 150 schoolkids arrived.  So I trundled off home.

48 minutes ago, Fogey said:

I went down the Squirrel trail and took the right fork

Oddly enough, that's where I saw the squirrel I photographed. Take monkey nuts, if you see squirrels, shake several in your hand and they will come running over. As you found out the birds (particularly crows and Magpies) have figured people means food. Parking used to be free after 5pm but I noticed it's now £7.50, you can park near Fairfield station and walk up.

Parking is no problem for me, unless they put a time restriction and close the gates.

I am a member of the NT and I also use the disabled parking, which is free for the NT sites, whether you are a member or not.

Trouble is, I'm a two hour drive away and to get there of an evening I'd have to travel through the rush hour somewhere along the route.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Fogey said:

Trouble is, I'm a two hour drive away and to get there of an evening I'd have to travel through the rush hour somewhere along the route.

When you could just turn up somewhere (pre-covid) I would go to to WWT Martin Mere, then RSPB Marshside in Southport and then to Formby Point for the squirrels, that way you can make a day of it and avoid any rush hours. I can highly recommend WWT Martin Mere, been a member for about 5 years and they've recently got a new aviary for Inca Terns. If you decide to come again, I'm pretty much retired now, so can do most days without much of a problem if you fancies meeting up.

That sounds good to me, Geoff.

Rather than doing the drive up and back and all that photographing I might consider a two night stay at a convenient hotel and doing the venues justice.

While I was travelling to Formby point, I saw billboards advertising a Wildlife Park..........is that worth a visit?