Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Great news.........

Kobione

Had a phone call about 30 minutes ago to let me know that, after 9 hours in the Recovery Unit, David is now in the Critical Care Unit of the hospital in Bendigo, after surgery this morning. Apparently all has gone as well as can be expected, with the affected area being reduced by chemo to 10% of the original size. He has been conscious, but is quite 'doped up' to combat the pain, and I probably won't be seeing him for another 48 hours, as he will not be himself - never mind, this is the start of our 'upward path to normal' again!!

It has been a stressful few weeks, but we have got through it, although missing out on a lot of our normal activities - like me being involved in here.

I'm about to have a nice strong 'medicinal tipple', and I might even be able to get a camera out tomorrow :D

• Like 4

Thank you all for the lovely comments and good wishes.

Actually did go in today to see David. He is sitting up in a chair, is quite 'with it' although has a bit of difficulty speaking for long, as his breathing is quite painful. He is so 'tubed up' he said, "Tell the kids that I look like a Hedgehog!", and he does a bit, so many tubes.

Looks like he may even be moved from Critical Care this evening or tomorrow morning, and they will be doing a swallow test tomorrow to gauge his ability to start absorbing a fluid diet.   Feedback is that he has come through very well, partly due to our preparation for the op. and all in all, things are  going well :D

PS: a bit busy for me with the backward and forwarding, but hey, we'll get there, and I WILL get a camera out again soon :D

• Like 1

Just so you all know - David is home!!!!!!

Was released unexpectedly yesterday after a week of a very successful recovery period, so our days can now begin, (slowly), to get back to our 'normal' :D, :D

Edited by Kobione
  • Like 1