Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Would you believe......

But that's the whole point....  it was a bright day with sunny spells.

OK - scenario:

I was shooting from deep shadow into an open area lit by bright sunlight from a low equinox.
The reflected light from the water was so bright it shimmered, making it difficult to look at.

So........ the shutter speed was set to 1/2000th sec to avoid the sky and water being blown out.
The ISO was set to 500 to avoid noise.
The aperture was set to f/13 to give me a workable hyperfocal distance.
Metering was centre weighted.

Now I realised that the camera would expose for the brightly lit water, leaving a silhouette, so I focussed on the little ducky thing to ensure the fore and background were inside the focal range and took the shot.

All well and good?  Well, in Post Processing I simply couldn't recover the colour, (not that I wanted to), the histogram showed the image was well exposed and any attempt to recover the colour simply over exposed the image.  In fact no matter what I tried the image stayed a monochrome.

I'm trying to understand what happened.

• Haha 1

I  was sure I  commented on this fogey ... but it seems that sometimes fail to register a submission if using the iPad and using just a touch screen ....doh ...

I actually recall saying that I really liked the result...the silhouettes are  solid and crisp  and the  water looks just  fabulous ...  Now you a have described  what settings you  used .... I can understand you  trying to fathom out  where  the colour has gone  ... but the result is a  really lovely image exuding tranquility ...