Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Lincoln Cathedral - overview

colinb

A very windy day which meant all exterior shots are hand held.

I will post interior shots later this week and a couple of 'scary' pictures. And a re-vist is needed as certain areas where closed plus the high winds meant the roof tour would all be 'inside'. 

Lincoln Cathedral – originally build 1072 by order of William the Conqueror.

The cathedral is the 3rd largest in Britain (in floor space) after St Paul's and York Minster, being 484 feet (148 m) by 271 feet (83 m).

It is Lincolnshire's largest building, and until 1549 the spire was reputedly the tallest medieval tower in Europe

Today the cathedral is still a busy place of worship and currently under a large restoration project and as you can see in some of the pictures with many parts cover in scaffold and boarding.

The Wren Library Central Tower and statue of Tennyson

Between 1307 and 1311 the central tower was raised to its present height of 83 m (271 feet). The western towers and front of the cathedral were also improved and heightened.

northsidesmall.jpg

Click image to view large

The West Front

The fortress-like appearance of the Norman Cathedral can still be seen at the heart of the west front today. Many of the rounded arches of the doors and niches survive. The low west towers were probably topped by pyramidal roofs.

westfront4small.jpg

westfrontBEST.jpg

HDR 

HDR7small.jpg

Ornate Ceiling

Broofsmall.jpg

Under the Central Bell Tower

With its spire, the tower reputedly reached a height of 525 feet (160 m) (which would have made it the world's tallest structure,

surpassing the Great Pyramid of Giza, which held the record for almost 4,000 years).

BellTowersmall.jpg

The Nave Looking Towards the West

Transeptsmall.jpg

Nave Chandler

Chandelier1small.jpg

Chandelier3small.jpg

St Hughes Choir

interior5small.jpg

Absolutely blooming wonderful..........I love them all. I thought the HDR was going to be my fav, until I saw St Hughes Choir with all the wonderful rich tones and them lovely old books, so much detail. 

A really beautiful set Colin, you have made me more determined to see this lovely place....

A cracking set indeed , I wouldnt even know where to start by photographing inside a cathedral. Really like the HDR, just a tad unfortunate with the scaffolding being there on the day you visit.

A cracking set indeed , I wouldnt even know where to start by photographing inside a cathedral. Really like the HDR, just a tad unfortunate with the scaffolding being there on the day you visit.

I was quite surpise just how much IS currently under restoration, I also shot one with the scaffolding moved to the left behind the foreground arch, but it doesn't really work

Thank you all for the comments really appreciated. 

love these Colin, im fascinated by these as this is somewhere im hoping to go in the near future 

my two favourites are no 4 for the same reasons as Korkys already stated and no 5 i think no 5 just appeals to my sense of balance and OCD lol 

love these Colin, im fascinated by these as this is somewhere im hoping to go in the near future 

my two favourites are no 4 for the same reasons as Korkys already stated and no 5 i think no 5 just appeals to my sense of balance and OCD lol 

Well if you let me know when you're going I'll do my best to show you around :smiling:

And for those who wish to view ...HDR pictures now posted at 

http://www.tipf.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4898

don't worry - no sunglasses required 

Archived