Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

UNWANTED VISITOR

FUJI

Hi, All 
Mystery noises in the chimney this morning..

Silence ! Silence ! All day, that is until I managed to have the first few mouthfuls of my evening meal .... then it began... 

An obvious Jackdaw squawk, not loud, not really in distress but obviously making an effort to shift itself out a pitch black awkward situation.
But, every time I took the temporary board off the front of the fireplace, all I could see was a pile of soot, sticks and debris.... fortunately out three storeys of  Victorian chimneys posses a fierce drought upwards, so very fine dust was carried that way.

I was half way through my meal, when, the scuffling, scraping and scratching got louder, as did the occasional squawk... on inspection with my torch, all I saw was one pretty fed up fully grown male Jackdaw, disoriented and unwilling to move.
Jackdaw’s have fierce Looking  eyes plus a good old beak, never mind claws.

So, I literally boxed clever....I shut in three sides of its escape route with my painting boards, then, on the third open side, I placed a box with broken bread inside.

For half  an hour nothing happened....then, just after I finished my ice cream....a huge black Covid launched itself past my catcher box, into my room. Fortunately it flew almost directly on top of our Victorian sideboard... I shot as quickly as I could to open the front door.... thankfully it saw sense and flew straight out then up.... so surprised we we we didn’t see exactly where to....
But on our roof and all of the neighbour’s roofs about 50 Jackdaws permanently gang out.... most folk including us have wire chimney protectors to prevent nesting.

Ours had been pulled out or removed during chimney repairs.... so we had one adult bird plus most of its twiggy nest all the way down three stores of chimney...a drop of about 50 feet.

The only damage I can see is a claw hole in my Victorian portrait of a lady.....so we got off pretty lightly.

FUJI

Sent from my iPad

• Haha 1

Text colour changed Fooj ... you could have edited it yourself  by going to edit> selecting  the whole of the text >clicking on the text colour option ( the letter A  with a line below) and then from the drop down menu , choosing a pale grey colour that will show on both the white and the dark theme.. If you want to select / highlight text on your iPadPro  see the link  below ... just  in  case you don't  know ...;_

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+select+text+on+ipad+pro&oq=how+to+select+text+on+ipad+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.18221j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cheers Fooj ...lucky your room  wasn't covered in soot!

I have Jackdaws that come for the mealworms I put out, they are really noisy, one day I heard an almighty racket outside, looking out the window I saw 6 or 7 of them all squabbling over the worms. The Magpies that come used to be noisy as well, chattering away like mad but now arrive in stealth mode so I never know they have been unless I happen to see them land.