Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Red Racer

johntwo

11 hours ago, Korky said:

The 'pop-out' border looks very well executed, but I think there may be a few differing views as to whether it suits the image.

Korky

Sorry John for me its a case of effect over cause. 

Thanks for the comments all.  I suppose it's down to a personal approach.  I try to "make" images.  Sometimes that is in camera.  Sometimes that is after the event without preconception of what I'm after and sometimes I know when I take the image, what I want to do in PP.  Inevitably some marmite will creep in and an image will be a bit controversial as a result but I'm OK with that.  Failure to me is getting no comments at all. :14_relaxed:  In this case, I thought the framing would be more "in your face" and perhaps enhance the feeling of movement.

7 hours ago, Korky said:

Luckily, this is about as controversial as we get at TIPF :12_slight_smile:

I find I'm making decisions about PP as I have a leisurely chimp at the end of the day. I'm an inveterate chimper!

Korky

I rarely look at my lcd screen during shooting Korks  ... so any  deletions usually only occur once  have uploaded the pics and can see them properly on a big screen .. Like John I  may  have  an idea of how I want the image to appear post processing. Continually  checking the lcd screen just eats away into my  battery's  life so  I tend  use the screen on rare occasions only .

As Korky  says ... it's a razor sharp image  John ... I'd be interested to see the image  without the  pop out frame too ...   As you said,  too John, sometimes  a process can result in a marmite reaction,  but that's no reason not to try it, especially if you like marmite .;) Taking photographs and processing them is always going to be an evolutionary process that changes with personal  taste,  experience and  skill levels ...we are all probably at differing milestones on similar roads .... I can see why you tried it  and would like to see a version  that maybe  was taken from before the crop.

Ask and you shall receive.........   I try to be a little creative I guess ...but of course it doesn't always come off.

There were two iterations.  The first image below is the image as it came out of the camera.  The second is after the first attempt at PP.

1474263105_RedRacerOriginal.jpg.584a17deabe7a8028eb3370ed74a2d4e.jpg

2106238651_RedRacerYK03FYA.thumb.jpg.f5eb1faeb033d4f3c41a93c971946329.jpg

Archived