Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Evening in Greenwich......

WereBo

First off, welcome back! Great to see you posting again.

I like that set very much, I love how how the images go from day to night. Morden Wharf with its cranes is my favourite.

I'm pretty sure that images that link to external sites aren't allowed on TIPF. As Phil isn't around much at the moment I'll have to rely on Black Pearl to clarify - he'll be along once he's scoffed his pie and chips!

Korky

Thank you Korky :14_relaxed: - I'd forgotted about the external link rule, I'll give myself a couple o' lashes with a camera-strap later...... 

I'm rather pleased with the final shots as they're all hand-held, I have a tripod but it's a heavy beast to be lugging around.  I did cheat and set my camera to 'Auto' everything and let it do the work, I only had seconds as the light was fading or people walking into the shots.

The odd window shot is taken from inside 'The Trafalgar' pub, right next to the Naval College on the river front.  I could see the trees and college through the glass, plus the light and interior of the pub reflected on top, so I went for it and experimented - This was the first  shot :5_smiley:

Looking at them again I decided I could improve the Cutty Sark shot, so now it's 'History Night'...

History Night.jpg

Thanks for the kind words folks, it's always nice to get good feedback.  I'm tempted to go back again to reshoot the night shots again.  I want to tighten the zoom to exclude the distracting sides, plus there's a dark blob on the bowsprit where the lights can't reach, plus I'd like to get the roof-structure more geometrical in the blue lighting.

Still, considering all these are hand-held shots and no flash, I'm well chuffed with 'em.

On a side-note, I entered the Cutty Sark night shot in one of my photo-club's competitions earlier a couple o' months ago.  The judge (RPS certified from another club) liked the photo but critiqued slightly because the ship is leaning slightly and assumed it was me.  When I informed him the Cutty Sark really leans over by 9°, I got an extra point and came 2nd.

@ David995031 - I can heartily recommend revisiting Greenwich again, the markets, Greenwich Park and the Royal Observatory are highly photogenic, then the Cutty Sark and Naval College for evening/night shot shots gives a good day's photo-shoot :91_thumbsup:

Archived