Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

To The One A Day Challengers

Ryewolf

It's been a great journey, we've been through a lot, it's been hard, yet we've stuck through, there's been some great images and it's been a tough challenge. For those who made it through a full year, then good on you.... Looking forward to making it 2 years, after today there will be 50 days left. I think it might be down to myself and BP tp to make it to day 731.....

To the OADEDers

Phil
Clicker
Black Pearl
sr1867
kev7d
Ryewolf

Your dedication, to this has been great and I think we all appreciate your images and commitment to this challenge. Not only that but we've all produced images that without this challenege we wouldn't have made....

• Like 3

Its been one hell of a ride and one that I have both enjoyed and at times found difficult. I am convinced my photography has improved from always taking pictures, I have tried new things, been out when I wouldn't have otherwise, walked countless extra miles, shot some weird sh*t and had a bloody good laugh along the way.

Just as importantly I have enjoyed doing this - however remotely - with others and the interaction, daily posts and new images will be a miss.

There is a little bit of me that wants to keep going but I could do with a rest and its not quite as enjoyable as it was at the start so I don't want to spoil my love of taking pictures. I will miss it but wouldn't have missed it for the world.

• Like 3

Me too ... I think my use of the camera has widened  considerably ... and I still take photos every day even though I ve run out of steam posting one every day at the back end of September. It's been a privilege meeting up every day with you guys ...and I have learned a lot and found a strange but growing  camaraderie ( no pun intended) with the gang that have taken part .  Yeah , a part of me wants to carry on ... and maybe we can after a long break ... but hey ...thanks for the memories guys ... I too would not have missed it despite it sometimes driving me mad . ....cheers all you OADEDers... ? 

• Like 3

I too think you have all done extremely well to keep on going.

You may wonder why I didn’t join in the fun?

It is because I have a strong aversion to being told what to do and when to do it, it all began during my National Service, two long years of being forced against the will most of the time ....being told....how to dress, what to wear, have hair shorn, forced to shave want it or not, having no choice of activities, most were up on daily orders, being held in a foreign country against my will.

Ever since my demob, I have become a bit of a Maverick, but not at anyone’s expense or discomfort.

Dont get me wrong, the National Service experience made a man of me, made all of us grow up.....I will be at the Service of remembrance this morning, shoes polished to the nth degree, hair cut, best suit and Regimental Tie worn accompanied by my next door neighbour a retired Lt Colonel who’s father was a D-Day hero.....sorry...I digress.

Back to Photography..... I take photographs on most days anyway, a camera goes where I go , so in a way I have been there with you, but without thinking.

Just me rambling again.....

Good on yer Folks!

FUJI

Ramble all you want Fooj ... you've earned the right.  For me it has been a real journey and challenge was the right word to use .  Some days when life has multiple problems to be solved and mundane chores to be addressed, it really is a challenge  to find an image to stimulate one's creative juices . I ve found myself peering at manhole covers, through wine glasses, at the bricks in a wall, at a wedge of cheese left on a cheeseboard, at endless flowers, both in the garden and on the kitchen table..... atttempted more ways of framing ducks on the garden pond than I ever thought possible and occasionally just focussed on raindrops running down the Kitchen window....all in the name of the one a day challenge. It has been just wonderful !!! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So today was Day 707 for those who started in 2016 or Day 341 for those who started this year, so just 23 images left until the end of the year. I think the hardest parts have been these last 4-6 weeks, during the summer months I could go out at 5pm and still have 4-5 hours to shot an image.

I've always strived to produced the best image I could on any given day and I have to say I've enjoyed exploring my local area, I've been places I didn't know existed, travelled roads and walked paths I never would have done, seen things and places I might normally have not seen. I've photographed things in ways I might not have thought of and I've looked at the world through the viewfinder and thought is this worthy of an image...

But the best thing of all, is I've felt really connected to all those that have taken part through their images, TIPF may not be a massive forum with 100's or 1000's of active members, but to have 6 members complete 1 or 2 years of a OADED challenge says at lot more about the commitment and camarderie of the members of the forum....

To Phil, it was a bloody good idea, I know you meant it to be open ended, and I'm glad I took the challenge... I actually think we've all learned a lot whether about photography or each other and at the end of the day we are a community of photographers and I hope friends............

• Like 1

As the uninvited guest to the second year of this journey I thought I should add my thanks to you all. I am so glad its nearly over its been really tough challenge. I had always wanted to do a yearly challenge so thanks for giving me that opportunity and to share my pics with you and enjoy your work.

I have this week been looking back at what I have taken this year and it did disappoint me a little at how few good pictures I have taken.
So next year's challenge for myself is to try and up my game a little, definitely slow down in the the taking of my pictures (and life but that's not going to happen but that's a story I won't bore you with) and go for a bit more quality over quantity. 
Next year I'm thinking maybe try and upload 3 or 4 pictures a week to the main forum join in a bit more out there and get your input and critic's see if that improves my work and see if I can get a POTW somewhere along the way.

Many thanks bring on those last few days.
Simon.

• Like 1

I too am struggling now the winter has got us. I can't get out before work as its dark and its it pitch black when I get home so places to shoot within the time I have are limited. Otherwise I've loved the last two years of shooting every day but more so, seeing the images from the rest of the gang has become part of my life. I've probably seen more of your lives than some of my closest family and for that I think this has been the most amazing challenge.

....I have an idea for next year ;)

• Like 2
On 09/12/2017 at 09:32, Clicker said:

Yes we need another type of challenge ... I was trying to think about an alternative  too ...  do tell us Beepy ....

I was thinking about a calendar challenge.

Basically we agree to chose one of the picture we take each month either as part of our day-to-day photography or specifically with the challenge in mind and post it in a monthly thread. At the end of the year we will have 12 images we like that we then all agree to have made into a calendar via one of the online sites for 2019. The final post can be a shot of our calendars proudly displayed on our walls at home. It won't be as intense as the 365 or 52 threads but we will have the incentive to keep it going and will have something tangible to remember it by. 

Anyone can join - you can have an open theme or set a theme to be kept to for all 12 shots ( I might do a coast one or even a Jasper one) - anything really that you would like on the wall.

?

• Like 1