Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Common Lizard Up Close

Ryewolf

Canon 100mm Macro

common-lizard-9461.jpg

common-lizard-9472.jpg

common-lizard-9480.jpg

Canon 100mm Macro + EP12 Ext Tube, f11, iso400

common-lizard-9497.jpg

I spotted this lizard within a couple of feet from yesterday and within 30minutes of the time from yesterday.

Today I was prepared, the first 3 I took using just the macro lens, the last with macro lens and ext tube.

I spent around 30 minutes crawling about on my stomach, a few inches at a time, to get a low down POV and then I left it alone to do whatever it was doing... I figured if I hadn't got enough decent images in the 50 or 60 I shots, then I wouldn't. In the end I ended up with 20-30 really good ones which I then whitled down to just these 4.

Thanks Kev, I'd been up earlier in the day and didn't see anything - birds or lizards, so went a few other places, then on a last minute descision decided to go back to where I'd seen the lizards before. I'm glad I did, you can also see it's moulting skin on both front feet, so I'm wondering if these rough drystone walls help remve old dead skin as well as being nice warm places to bask.

To be honest, once I knew where it was, it was quite easy to spot.... but really they are quite well camoflaged.

You must be so pleased Rye ... Really great effort to get more pics ... And they are really excellent.,the only thing I wish you had been able to do was get one ( you may have one amongst the others that you took  ) that gave us something against which we could judge its size. I have no idea if these are an inch long or six inches or even bigger ...  A brilliant set of one of our rarely seen native creatures .. Hats off to you ... I would be well pleased if I had gotten these .. :thumbsup:

Thanks Clicker, yes sometimes it's difficult to judge the size of things when they're really close - especially if it's an unfamiliar species..

This is the first shot I took on Friday (didn't have any wider shots from Saturday), the rock it's just got ir's nose behind is about 3-3.5 inches thick.

common-lizard-9327.jpg

Thanks Paul, yes I was surpised to see one, especially given where it was...

Thanks Clicker, it's that initial spotting stage that's the hardest, even when I knew what I was looking for and how small it was (though it was 12-15cm long) and I was searching maybe 60ft in length of wall (not very tall - < 3ft). Once I'd spotted it though it was fairly easy to keep track of. I think of all the macro shots I've done these are the ones I'm most pleased with, I was surprised just how close I was able to get, the last shot of the 4, my lens was less than 5 inches from the lizard.  I did move very slowly and backed away equally as slowly...

I watched it from a distance for about 10 minutes after I took the final shot of it and just felt priviledged to have seen it, yet alone get so close.

Didn't get to reply to this yesterday, due to our internet probs. Rye, but this is a lovely set, and you were so lucky to get these. Looks like he has recently shedded his skin, and that would fit with the seasonal timing for ours shedding over here. Well done, love these :D

Archived