Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Big Day Out 2017

Phil

I was in Stratford again on Saturday.....look at my recent posts and you will see what opportunities arise if you seek them out.

We met up with Trevor the market manager and cheerful chappie again, he even treated us both to an ice cream, in exchange for pictures of him at work......you are sure if a warm welcome on the market, seek him out and mention the two guys from Kenilworth who shot his portraits.

FUJI

It's all looking good for our day in Stratford, Fooj. Should be a real belter.

For anyone not aware, you'll find details at the top of this thread. Everybody is welcome to join us for the day and I'm sure that the more of us there are, the merrier it will be.

Just a thought....... Could you north easterners do a car share to keep costs down?

Korky

I think this area of central England, apart from Stratford on Avon's obvious tourist attractions, is one of Britain's best kept secrets.. I'm moved here near Worcester 23 years ago and think it is just a great place to live with so much within easy access.. Really looking forward to the get together ... I was going to do a reconnaissance  in a few weeks  but it look looks like Fuji has done a great job sussing out venues ..

Does anyone think we need to book somewhere  to eat  as there may be a fair number in the party

.  I've never used the park and ride  ... But I do know parking can be difficult in the town in summer. Is there an under  cover  depot  at the park and ride place Fooj? Do we know who is definitely going yet...? Is anyone staying ?  .....and when do we order our truffles Chrissy?:10_wink:

Stradford. ??? It's Stratford on Avon  Chrissie... William Shakespeare country.... ... ...  Not sure about cycling routes in the area ... But pedestrians are often a nightmare  in the town from a cyclists  point of view at that time of year ... It's usually heaving with Japanese and American tourists...

The Bancroft Canal Basin seems to have some decent cycle rides along thhe tow paths  and there is a carpark at Swans nest lane with Bancroft gardens and Canal Basin nearby . Parking is £8 up to 12 hours  .Less , depending on the length of stay .. .

https://www.stratford.gov.uk/transport/swans-nest-lane.cfm

The Fourteas is a place we could meet  The Fourteas, 24 Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6EF

http://thefourteas.co.uk/menus/food/

Just a couple of suggestions ... I 'll check it out  in the next few weeks if people think it might be suitable ...

Thanks Korks ...

If we  get a definite  list of  how many are coming ... I can book in advance for tables  for lunch or the all day breakfast at whatever time people think otherwise we will probably have difficulty getting seated  together which would  defeat the object of meeting  really...;).

It might be nice to meet there initially for a cuppa and come back after a few  hours at 2pm   or 3pm  to settle for a relaxing lunch and chat .. maybe  after  the lunch time rush. What d'ya think gang?

Any more of you  thinking about it? I know Kev said he might be working ... It;s not imperative to  know exactly   so last minute deciders are welcome   to turn up .. but I will book in a week or so  for a late lunch  say 2pm... if that;s ok with everyone ....

My good lady has just given me a newspaper advertisement for Coast. and Country Hotels....amongst the places is Stratford Upon Avon at very competitive prices for half board from now until the end of June.

The Charlecote Pheasant is the hotel, its in a beautiful village just outside the town..... Charlecote House/Estate is very close by, it is where the young Shakespeare was done for poaching. I know the hotel very well, I have done craft and other events there.

The phone number for on the advert is....0844 499 5640.....then Quote NML7 19C

Or look the company up on .......       www.coastandcountryhotels.com 

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...

3 Weeks and 1 day t go, I'm getting quite excited about it all, it doesn't seem like almost a year since the last TIPF Big Day Out, with the now imfamous Leather Sniffing Strap Incident, no doubt Korky will regale us all with the delights of the smell of leather against skin.... And BP will be on hand to show us all the details....

I, for one, I really looking forward to meeting everyone again in person and everyine else who didn't quite make it for lasts years Big Day Out and everyone who's joining us for this Big Day Out.

Long Live, the TIPF Big Day Out,,.

• Like 1

It seems as I might need to acquire some kind of spray to deter Korky from getting over excited about the solid leather ....FIG  camera strap....I won via BP recently .....or...should I allow him occasional sniffs to keep him happy?

Dont forget that the Market Manager is a dead keen photographer and is wanting to welcome you all, so if you are in town very early in the Saturday morning pop along to dig him out...he is quite a character and very Welsh.

I am hoping that Denis will remember his offer if a lift?   There is a bus service from a Kenilworth, but a year ago, they altered all the routes, so what used to be a 40 minute journey can take almost an hour and a half......Grrrrrr!

FUJI