Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The 52 Project - Week 23

Korky

Reet then.....

Our numbers are now depleted and I'm concerned that the 52 will drift into the doldrums, so.....

I realise the project seemed a little regimented at the beginning. This wasn't my intention, I just wanted it to be tidy and fun at the same time. I didn't want any set rules, but I did envisage the photographs being separate from all the chat and comments. I should've realised that wouldn't happen.

Starting this week, I'll open the thread on Tuesday each week and then everyone can post their images as they please up until close of play the following Monday.

And please, please, please feel free to chat and comment however you wish - it should've been like that from the beginning.

I got it wrong. I do sometimes. I'm human.

Sorry!

Korky

Posted nice and early so that it's out of the way for this week.

Had a ramble in local woods this afternoon and took along my Sony RX10 as it was feeling neglected.

This was shot at 200mm with the lens wide open at f2.8. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.

Bridge Camera Bokeh - 14/06/16

BC Bokeh.jpg

Hi Korks ...I am really behind with posting  but I do have pics in the can as it were ... The accident has turned my world upside down at the moment ...with so many forms to fill in  phone calls to make , doctors to see ....statements to  read and sign , witnesses to contact ... so  bear with me and eventually  i will get caught up .... the same goes for the  one a day thread .. I have pics for every day ... just need to process and edit . So apologies  to all ...just not enough hours in the day for me !:lol:

holy heck ...at last...june18 leaf 1s.jpg

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

Hi Korks ...I am really behind with posting  but I do have pics in the can as it were ... The accident has turned my world upside down at the moment ...with so many forms to fill in  phone calls to make , doctors to see ....statements to  read and sign , witnesses to contact ... so  bear with me and eventually  i will get caught up .... the same goes for the  one a day thread .. I have pics for every day ... just need to process and edit . So apologies  to all ...just not enough hours in the day for me !:lol:

Polly

I appreciate how stressful things must be for you at the moment, but I'm so glad you're still with us.

Return when you're sorted and we'll welcome you back to the all new, hippy-dippy, roll another spliff, love and peace, oh wow look at the sunset 52 Project. As it's now called.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Korky

On 14/06/2016 at 16:25, Korky said:

Posted nice and early so that it's out of the way for this week.

Had a ramble in local woods this afternoon and took along my Sony RX10 as it was feeling neglected.

This was shot at 200mm with the lens wide open at f2.8. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out.

Bridge Camera Bokeh - 14/06/16

BC Bokeh.jpg

What lovely Bokeh!

Carl.

7 hours ago, Brian said:

I really like the processing here, Korky. You seem to get this "feel" about a lot of your work; could you give us a look at your work flow.............pretty please!

Brian - Thanks, much appreciated. I think the best I can do is to give you an idea of how I processed this as I tend to treat each image individually.

First off, this was taken into Adobe Camera Raw (sometimes I use this rather than Lightroom as both programs are essentially the same engine) where I tweaked highlights, shadows, white point, black point, clarity, vibrance and dehaze (which is great for skies). This didn't need any distortion corrections, but when an image requires that I do it here.

Transfer to Photoshop.

In Photoshop CC 2015 I loaded Nik Color Efex (if you aren't aware, this is now free) and start with the 'recipe' I use most which is one I downloaded and then tweaked to enable me to modify contrast until things look OK.

When I had the image looking about right, I took it back into PS and started to use a bit of trial and error with textures. Having found two that seemed to work well together, I used a layer mask to remove the textures from the leaves and branch.

Once that was done, I tweaked a little more (levels, mainly), add a standard black border and it's job done. Usually I do some dodging and burning at this stage (always with a specific D&B layer), but this image didn't need it.

I'm now being called away to chores, but this evening I'll post a couple of links that might be useful. if you don't have the Nik freebie, I suggest you download and install. A quick Goggle will find it for you.

Korky

That's exactly the sort of feed back I was hoping for, Korky, and I'm really grateful. I did download Nik the moment they made it a freebie, but have not tried it out yet. But rest assured, I'll try it now as I quite like the "look" you get on some of your images. Many thanks.

Brian

On 6/16/2016 at 12:11, Clicker said:

Welcome back Polly..........thought we'd lost you! Hope you didn't get too bashed about.

My submission this Week's 52 Project #23. More of the Good Stuff coming soon.

IMG_0773 crop.jpg

Just played around with something I don't normally do this week. Had a picture of some raindrops that I quite liked,  taken 17/6/16 but I have never added textures or effects to a picture, so thought I'd just have a go and I added a gentle coloured sunburst effect to this one today - another learning curve, but it was fun  :D:

DSCN9661x.jpg

One from early this week that I've not had chance to look at properly due to massive amounts of work at moment. - I even missed the Weekly Comp. A Ladybird larvae, but what I hadn't noticed at the time were the aphids on the other side of the leaf - 14/06/2016

ladybird-larvae-6902.jpg

Everyone clocked in on time - fantastic.

For one week only, I'm about to reinstate the Top Twiddler award and it goes to................................ Kobione. A super image, Dee, works brilliantly well for me.

A great dollop of kudos is on its way via Qantas - use it wisely.

New thread tomorrow morning.

Korky

Aww, thank you Twiddle Master Korky  - that must be the Qantas flight I can hear overhead, coming in to land right now!!

I am nowhere near in to the 'twiddle mode' that you and others do, and doubt that I could ever reach your standards, but this was fun and I enjoyed it :D

Archived