Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Look what I found on my front door step

Ryewolf

Apparently it had been sat there for about an hour. Not sure what it is, looks a bit like a female pheasant., it about the size of a large pigeon with long longs. At the moment it's in a box in the front room - with the door closed as I don't want my little cat investigating. I gave it some bird seeds and it quite happily pecked and ate them.

Not really sure who to ring...

bird-4396.jpg

bird-4398.jpg

Just to add that you might get a negative answer from the organisations. Polly will remember that we had a Chinese Golden Phaesant land in our garden last January. We phoned every one but none of them wanted to know. Eventually we fed it for about 2-3 months and it then disappeared.

Unless any sign of injury just feed and water overnight, then let loose down the bottom of the garden in the morning with camera at the ready! As other folk saying, you will prob not get much help from any of the organisations or local vets as it is just a game bird.

Bill

I think as Bill says Rye if it doesn't appear to be injured then feed and water it over night then take it out and release it in the morning, though it does make me wonder why a healthy (assuming it is) Partridge would be sitting on your doorstep. 

Ron 

1 minute ago, Ryewolf said:

It doesn't seem injured and it was quite happily eating the seeds. .... I did ring the RSPCA, they were very helpful with advice.

Good Rye, are you going to release it tomorrow.

Ron

They said they would visit tomorrow, just to make sure it wasn;t some exoctic non-native bird, which I supose it quite easily could be. It just wasn't the sort of thing I'd expect to find as I do live on a busy road of terraced houses a few mins from the town centre.

Was going to say if the RSPCA offered no help, you could have taken it to Martin Mere, someone there would have been able to either take it off your hands or point you in the right direction?

Looks like a female Grey Partridge

I did try and put some water in but it knocked it over. The nice lady from the RSPCA came this afternoon and took it to be identified and then rehomed. She was sure what it was either. There are some allotments not far from me so it could be an escapee.

On 26/02/2016 at 22:16, Ryewolf said:

They said they would visit tomorrow, just to make sure it wasn;t some exoctic non-native bird, which I supose it quite easily could be. It just wasn't the sort of thing I'd expect to find as I do live on a busy road of terraced houses a few mins from the town centre.

There's me assuming that you are in the sticks and saying let it loose down the garden!:cry:

Archived