Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Big Day Out 2016

Korky

Really glad you had a great day gang ... Wish I could have made it but the gods conspired in too many ways against it ... A Sick brother in law and sister in law . One is in hospital ..... and then an idiot nearly killed me in my Mazda on Thursday. Police phoned me  tonight and looks like  they are prosecuting once they saw the dash cam footage!  .  Hope to join you on the next one folks . 

Loving looking at the stuff you have all put up. Shame we couldn't chat a bit longer - nobody's fault though - Denis didn't get much of a chance to connect with you, and Ryewolf, didn't even get to say hello to you. Looks like you all had a good day anyway, and thanks for sharing your pictures. :D

16 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

Nanny I never got there.....they took the train back to where we started tried to organise replacements buy it would been after 12.00 when I arrived so I just came home.......sad I missed it though.

That happened to us once when they had put replacement buses on to Birmingham and the driver tried to get under a low bridge at one of the local stations and had to go a different way, which made us two hours late in getting a train to Barmouth for the Country and Western festival.

I wasn't impresses as I missed my favourite Welsh country singer who was on first.

Spoilt the day completely and they would only give us the fair back for one way because of the delay, and even this came in the form of a voucher which had to be used within a certain time.

I was disapointed so I can imagine how you felt missing your whole day out.

Make sure that they refund your money, and stick out for money instead of vouchers as I think vouchers is a crafty way of getting out of re-imbersing you properly.

There are too many trains etc breaking down these days.

You can get a form to fill in.

Korky I'm  sure I don't  have to explain how I have 'a connection' with a few of you as a result of my last UK trip, and those bonds still give me heaps of pleasure over and above just being on-line mates. Meeting up did make a difference,  and the effort was more than worthwhile. Glad you enjoyed your day and got something so positive  out of it.  Sounds like everybody enjoyed it anyway - well done, all of you  :D

• Like 2

I finally arrived home at 20:30, a thoroughly grand day out and it was really nice to meet everyone and put faces, voices and personalities to the Forum Avatars I see so often. There was lots of good banter, coffee/tea, wandering around taking photo's - though I think I have more pictures of either Phil, Korky, BP or Denis taking pictures of everyone else...

I've meet up with quite a few of the forum members before, Leon, Chrissy, Geodar, Mitch, but my biggest worry was that I wouldn't know who I was looking for at the Perky Peacock....

I'm glad I made it to York for the day, as Korky said "I hope we parted as friends who have much more respect for each other as fellow human beings rather than faceless online TIPFers." - it's certainly true and it was a pleasure to meet you all and hopefully again in the future sometime..

• Like 2
On 12/06/2016 at 07:10, Ron said:

Did you guys get any pics of the Minster and the Shambles, I know they are tourist hotspots but wondered if you got round there.

Ron

We did get of the Minister area - I know I posted a picture of the statue of Constantine the Great, The Bride Shot was outside the Minister and my jaunty angle of the Church and Steeple was very near the Minister both Denis and Korky took shots of buskers and people on the steps...

I'm sure there are lots of shots on everyones cameras - Phil used up 3 batteries, BP was taking phoos like he had unlimited supply of memory cards...

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

as Korky said "I hope we parted as friends who have much more respect for each other as fellow human beings rather than faceless online TIPFers." - it's certainly true and it was a pleasure to meet you all and hopefully again in the future sometime..

Indeed! :yes

Well I am glad Phil talked me out of the doldrums and I went, I very nearly didn't due to my own failings. I would have regretted it if I stayed at home.

So Phil...Thanks mate :)  In doing so, I met a great bunch of lads ! It was especially good to have someone local who knew York like the back of his hand.....

.....Cheers Korky !

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

We did get of the Minister area - I know I posted a picture of the statue of Constantine the Great, The Bride Shot was outside the Minister and my jaunty angle of the Church and Steeple was very near the Minister both Denis and Korky took shots of buskers and people on the steps...

I'm sure there are lots of shots on everyones cameras - Phil used up 3 batteries, BP was taking phoos like he had unlimited supply of memory cards...

I ended on 298 so not nearly as many as I thought. 

Above all it was a bloody good day and I'm glad those who could made the effort - if we do another I would encourage everyone who can to get themselves along to do so.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Denis said:

It was especially good to have someone local who knew York like the back of his hand.....

.....Cheers Korky !

Oh yeah, very funny! 2 miles out of Goole and I'm lost :innocent:

• Like 1